Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2011 (public email folders - subfolders??)
  •  
Pascal

Send a private message to this user
We are using Kerio Connect 7.2 (finally) and MS outlook for Mac2011 as client.

I'm experiencing one problem:

Wenn we subscribe in outlook to a public folder, the subfolders aren't automatically subscribed to. If we subscribe to all the folders, the the tree structure is gone.

Can somebody please advice, because I presume that i'm doing something wrong.

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Pascal
  •  
Kedar

As far as I know, same behaviour is with Exchange 2010. It's Outlook's "feature".
  •  
Pascal

I've checked on a outlook 2007, there it is listed as folder/subfolder

•  
Kedar

Outlook 2011's feature Smile
Outlook 2007 for Windows is completely different
  •  
hag_it_services

hy guys,
we have the same problems as Pascal. Kerio connect 7.2 & Outlook 2011 for Mac are unusable with public folders.

1. Public folders without permissions were shown to subscribe. They shouldn't be listened if the user has no permissions to synchronise.
2. If I subscribe a Folder, the subfolders are not included. and if we subscribe them also, the folderstructure in outlook is gone. all folder are on the same level.

I sent a ticket to kerio. maybe they can fix in in a update.

cheers Rémy
  •  
Brip

Hi

Is this an Outlook 2011 only issue?

Do the public folders all work as expected with Apple Mail?
I ask because we are looking to move from Exchange 2003 to Kerio and use public folders a lot to share emails about projects. So I need to make sure there will be no problem for our Mac users.

They currently use Entourage and was thinking of moving them to Mail instead of Outlook 2011. However I had expected to work OK with Outlook 2011 with 7.2, in case any of the users want to stick with that.
  •  
Kedar

Hi guys,
I repeat my post: many of problems are Outlook's 2011 behaviour: for example see this thread: http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Outlook/223
We cannot hack client application.
  •  
Pascal

OK, i can live with this. We will not rollout Outlook then. The only reason was to use the tasks which is not well implemented in the Mac system.

after checking there isn't the possibility to delegate tasks as in the "normal" outlook. An other not to use it.

Still looking for good task management software that is able to delegate tasks to other users. Anybody any good suggestions?

grts
  •  
kruser7

Pascal wrote on Mon, 20 June 2011 08:41

Wenn we subscribe in outlook to a public folder, the subfolders aren't automatically subscribed to. If we subscribe to all the folders, the the tree structure is gone.

You said "we subscribe in outlook to a public folder".
By what protocol do Kerio and Outlook interact while you get the problem? Is it IMAP?

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2011 18:56]

Previous Topic: Kerio in Enterprise?
Next Topic: KERIO CONNECT ACTIVE DIRECTORY PROBLEMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:16:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00499 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.