Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerberos and Kerio (Looking for clarification on CLIENT Kerberos support for Kerio Connect )
  •  
C. Ross

Send a private message to this user
I think I know the answer to this and it disappoints me, but I wanted to get clarification. It seems Kerberos is only supported at the server level and not at the client level with Kerio. Meaning Mail.app or Outlook can not be configured for kerberos and thus lacks SSO capability.

I was hoping Kerio would be solution but because we have strict password policies I can't ask the end users to change passwords in three different locations every month.

Tell me I'm overlooking something...

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2011 04:28]

•  
renefn

You're partly right... If your Kerio Connect server is installed on a Windows computer, then you can use "Secure Password Authentication" which is using NTLM. This allows KOFF to use the Windows logon credentials and give the users SSO.

This won't work if Connect is installed on a Mac og Linux server.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
C. Ross

Thanks, I was referring to an Apple installation. Do you know if you have Kerio installed on a Windows server (AD), do the Mac mail clients have single sso when authentication against AD?

I wonder if Kerio spends more time on the Windows product then the Mac product. I know Kerio will never tell me what product is more polished, but I wonder what Kerio administrators think.

AD or OD integration / Windows or Mac OSX
  •  
renefn

I remember testing with NTLM authentication in Apple Mail and seem to remember that it worked, but I'm not 100% sure. The problem is that I don't think it will work if you're disconnected from your LAN because then you haven't got a Kerberos ticket.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
C. Ross

Thanks... now I need to decide if Kerio is the right choice or maybe Open Directory needs to go.
Previous Topic: Outlook on Windows performance
Next Topic: Updating a meeting request in another user's calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:27:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.