Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » help configuring kerio winroute firewall 6.7.1 (need to set up kerio to work with my 1 lan interface for both internet and thin clients)
  •  
Nerv2704

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I need to set up my office network to use KERIO as a firewall to the Internet. There is a server that connect to thin clients and other computers that connect to the server. There is only one LAN interface card on the server that connects both the thin clients and computers and also to the Internet. So its 1 server interface to 2 networks (local LAN and Internet). Now when i finished installing and did the wizard my thin clients could not connect to the server. So if anyone as ideas it would be much appreciated.

Note: I would like to not have to get another LAN interface for the server. This are my server spec:

Windows server 2003 standard edition sp2
Dual/core AMD Opteron processor 1214 2.20 GHz
1 GB RAM

And Sorry if my English is bad.

Regards
Nerv2704
  •  
ICT and Me

Only ONE networkcard ???? Sad
That's your problem. To use Kerio Control (winroute) you need at least two NIC. Read the specs.
Your second NIC must only be connected to the Router. And make sure that both NIC's are not in the same IP range/subnet.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
onalid

The server has to work as a filter:
NIC1: WAN (eg internet)
NIC2: LAN (local network)
All trafic has to walk through the firewall. It won´t make any sense (and it will not work) with only 1 NIC - exactly what ICT and me told you before Smile

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
Nerv2704

THANKS Onalid and ICT and me for your replies.
Previous Topic: Win2K3: VPN client doesn't add a route
Next Topic: Assess Rule Help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 01:05:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.