Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Portsettings for Exchange
  •  
milchfisch

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We are using Kerio with Mac-Mail and IMAP since several months. As we would like to change to Outlook, there is the need to use Kerio with it's exchange capabilities.

Internally this works great (no question), but from outside our office there is no way - since i don't know which ports are needed to bring Kerio to work with Outlook, iPhones and iPads.

As i'm absolutely not experienced with Exchange & Co, i do not know, if there is a difference between the ports a real exchange-server does neet and the ports, on which kerio provides the exchange-features...

Is there a good source to learn more about ports which are needed by kerio?

Thank you for any help!
-milchfisch-
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

milchfisch wrote on Thu, 23 June 2011 23:33

Is there a good source to learn more about ports which are needed by kerio?

Actually, there is - see http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-setfire.html and http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/chap-services.html.

I'd recommend to open only secure ports from the outside. ActiveSync requires only HTTPS.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
stupot1397

As well as this, make sure that port 443 is open for Exchange ActiveSync.

It is the best way to connect Iphones and Ipads. Even Kerio Outlook connector uses this port.

Be advised as well that you CANNOT change the port for Exchange activsync, it it HTTPS (443) or HTTP (80) only.

You can change it for Kerio Outlook connector but I wouldnt bother. They all work fine together.

I hope this helps.

Stuart
  •  
milchfisch

Wow - that was quick! Thank you very much for the fast response!

I think, this will help us a lot! (we'll try it over the weekend...)

Stephan
  •  
stupot1397

Good Luck.

Basically I have port 443 forwarded through our firewall to the mail server.

Do you have an SSL certificate for the mail server?

Some mobile devices are a bit funny without one. My old Windows Mobile 6.5 phone needed one to be installed and working before it would push my email to me. Manual sync did work.

You can then connect whatever you need, Ipad Iphone, Outlook etc.

You can also browse to the webmail externally as well.

Stuart
Previous Topic: Free/Busy resource details
Next Topic: Best tool to search archived emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:49:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00468 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.