Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Alias column in Administration Panel
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
It's my bad or there this no more the "alias" column in Kerio Connect Administration under USERS panel?
It was really useful to check every users' alias at glance instead of getting into each users.

Andrea
  •  
Kedar

Aliases column doesn't in Users.

I think there is no reason for "Aliases" column in Users, because alias is not unique, there is possible create same multiple alias for more users, including public folders, or any internal or external addresses. If the group has alias, should be here "Aliases" column too? And if mailing list or resource has alias?... Smile

If you need unique alias for each user, it's much better create secondary e-mail address for him. If you need same alias for more users, I think group's e-mail address will do same work and there is "Groups" column in Users. Smile
  •  
maxreefer

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Fri, 24 June 2011 13:04
Aliases column doesn't in Users.

I think there is no reason for "Aliases" column in Users, because alias is not unique, there is possible create same multiple alias for more users, including public folders, or any internal or external addresses. If the group has alias, should be here "Aliases" column too? And if mailing list or resource has alias?... Smile

Well, I do not totally agree with you.
First since "Aliases" column in Users was there in all previous versions maybe means something.
Second I think it's just a matter of convenience: I often have to add or remove aliases from users and having a column showing this info is pretty useful and fast.

Quote:
If you need unique alias for each user, it's much better create secondary e-mail address for him. If you need same alias for more users, I think group's e-mail address will do same work and there is "Groups" column in Users. Smile

What about if I have need multiple aliases for each users?

Actually to check an alias for a user I have to open his modify window or to go in "alias" panel and search for it. Plus to search it I have to write the full address. In fact if I'm looking for alias test<_at_>domain.com I have to write the full name in search field otherwise it returns nothing.
  •  
Kedar

With Kerio Connect 7.2 we published API for Web Administration. It allows you write own simple application to help you administer aliases more effectively:
http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect/administration-api
Previous Topic: whitelisting
Next Topic: Taskmanager app for iPhone which syncs with Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:58:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.