Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Hide some users from some users (The possibility to hide users from users)
  •  
nausica

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I found out that topic has been slightly discussed on the list but with no answer even with no conclusion.

Workspace has been thought for users from the same company, that's fine. I would like to have one installation of Workspace with many domains (like in Kerio Connect) and then the users in each domains have no idea about the existence of other users or other domains. I would like the possibility to hide users from domain1 from users from domain2.

I don't want users on domain1 even know the existence of users from domain2 and even I don't want domain1 to know anything about domain2.

Do you think this is possible in a close future as this is the only problem I have so far with Workspace.

Thanks a lot
  •  
cpohts

I understand what you're looking for and suggested the same to Kerio. This exact functionality doesn't exist, but you can mimic it as I've done. I setup a Workspace (KW)server. I created one master workspace "Client Info" with my account as Admin and "everyone" as reader. Then created workspaces beneath it for each of my clients. I created usernames for each client with read access to "Client Info". As I create new client workspaces, my admin account and the everyone group from the Client Info workspace are inherited by the new workspaces beneath it. As I create each client workspace, I edit the sharing and restrict it to my admin account and each client's username (read only). No client can see another's workspace or knows about the other usernames. Now, this works because all users (except my team) are read only. I haven't tested any client usernames as an editor for their workspace so you'll need to test that functionality until Kerio gives more granular control of users and workspaces.
  •  
torben

This is the feature missing from workspace. It would make workspace usable for SME project management with external clients.
Previous Topic: API available? Templates?
Next Topic: Controlling and limit userspace
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 05:22:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.