Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't Stop Kerio Server (7.2)
  •  
tonyswu

Send a private message to this user
We are using Kerio on a Xserve with 10.6. Ever since updating to 7.2, I can't sop the server from System Preferences. It'll say cannot stop server, and it'll appear to be running, but I can't connect to it. Now to actually bring up the server I'll have to reboot the server. Anyone having this problem?
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I have noticed this issue. It seems to be sporadic, and does not happen on every server that I manage.
  •  
tonyswu

Interesting. Is there a way to stop the server from command line? I could live with that.
  •  
miless

I've experienced this as well. I've found that waiting for a while seems to do the trick - a short time after clicking OK on the "cannot stop server" error message, the System Preferences panel will change to "Kerio Connect is not running". For us, it seems to take around five minutes.
  •  
tonyswu

I will give that a try tonight.
  •  
kthomas

Here's the command line:
/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/keriomailserver stop

You can also use the same command to start or restart.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

That's in Kerio's documentation, but I had forgotten about this command. I'm adding it to my list of CLI tools.

Thanks for posting.
  •  
tonyswu

kthomas wrote on Fri, 01 July 2011 09:33
Here's the command line:
/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/keriomailserver stop

You can also use the same command to start or restart.

Thanks for that. I just tried it, and it was the same result. The output says Stopping mail server, but the mailserver process remained running, yet I can't connect to it. I waited 5 minutes, and nothing changed. I ended up rebooting the whole server again.
  •  
kthomas

I've now witnessed the same problem, running Kerio 7.2 Patch 1 on an XServe running OS X 10.6.7.

Waiting didn't help in my case, the pref pane times out in about a minute and says "can't stop Kerio Connect."

I tried stopping via the pref pane and the command line repeatedly with no affect on the mailserver process.
The server CPU and number of active connections has also been unusually high since 7.2.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

This hasn't been a huge issue for me since it happens sporadically. Has anyone alerted Kerio tech support about this? This seems to be a bug with Kerio Connect 7.2 patch 1.
  •  
tonyswu

I've submitted a ticket with tech support.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Awesome. Would you mind posting the final solution here?
  •  
stothers

any word on this?

I'm doing nightly "dupe runs" and i just realized that my script is not properly starting or stopping the server entirely.

•  
GlennK

This has been a problem here too. In fact it has gotten worse lately with recent updates and/or time. I just applied the 7.24 update and it appears the updater itself wasn't able to stop the server because after the update, despite saying it was successful the mail server was inaccessible. I tried starting the service but was informed the port was already in use. Rather than go deeper into the trouble shooting I ended up doing a total reboot which got it going.

I had made a rule (to myself) to stop the server before applying updates but since I had been having problems stopping the process thought maybe the updater would do a better job, but it seems not.

If it makes any difference, this is an Xserve and it's been happening for several versions of Kerio through 7.2. Possibly it started at patch 1 as you mentioned, I don't know.
jstrickland

This isn't just a problem with Xserve. I am running on Windows Server 2008, and have the same issue.
Previous Topic: Full Name/Display Name Misspelled (Capitalization Missing)
Next Topic: Kerio Connect price increases over the last 5 years
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:39:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00705 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.