Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delivery Status Notification (Failure) (change message)
  •  
eXtremer

Send a private message to this user
How can I change this message ?

The following message to <user<_at_>mail.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SORBS DNSBL database, bye'

Thank you.
  •  
Kedar

There are two parts:
First is the SMTP error reply "5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SORBS DNSBL database, bye"
It's generated by Kerio Connect and it cannot be changed because SMTP replies are hardcoded in the mailserver binary.

Second part is the "The following message to <user<_at_>mail.com> was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"
This isn't generated by Kerio Connect, but remote SMTP server trying to deliver message, I guess it's the MS Exchange. I don't know if the Exchange allows change these messages.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2011 11:23]

•  
eXtremer

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Fri, 01 July 2011 11:21
There are two parts:
First is the SMTP error reply "5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SORBS DNSBL database, bye"
It's generated by Kerio Connect and it cannot be changed because SMTP replies are hardcoded in the mailserver binary.

Yes, I wanted to change this part, so as I understand it can't be done ?
  •  
Kedar

I will add your request to existing suggestion in our system to indicate to the development team that another customer needs this feature. Please note we do not have a time frame on if or when this feature may be available.
  •  
eXtremer

I would be very thankful,
I would like to add my own text, for example what that person should do in case his IP is blacklisted, something like "Re-send this message on another e-mail blabla<_at_>mail.com".

Regards
  •  
Kedar

There is ugly workaround: the string "SORBS DNSBL" is taken from the name of database in web admin:
Your server IP address is in the <dbname> database, bye

If you change database name to the some message to split this sentense, it should work Wink
  •  
eXtremer

Yest, but it will be somehting like... 5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SORBS DNSBL Re-send this message on another e-mail blabla<_at_>mail.com database, bye

Not so good.
  •  
Kedar

my english is poor, but what about:
5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SORBS DNSBL. Re-send this message on another e-mail blabla<_at_>mail.com to bypass this database, bye
  •  
eXtremer

I'll try this, thanks.
  •  
Lyle M

Hi Radek,
If we had this feature I'd actually turn bounce messages back on. I couldn't find this listed on feedback.kerio.com. Should I post this as a feature request there, or is this one being tracked elsewhere?
Thanks,
Lyle
  •  
Kedar

Hi, our internal system is not binded to feedback.kerio.com, please fill new idea on this web. Thank you.
  •  
Lyle M

Thanks Radek.

I've added the suggestion to the customer feedback site:

http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-connect-7/suggestions /2014879-customize-edit-smtp-delivery-status-notification?re f=title

(This link probably won't work unless you are already connected to the feedback page by way of the Kerio web admin console (Suggest Idea...).

Regards,
Lyle
Previous Topic: iCal delegation problem with one User
Next Topic: Duplicate Calendar Events
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:52:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00584 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.