Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Huge File Appearing in Message Queue
  •  
cpohts

Send a private message to this user
Running Kerio Connect 7.2 on Windows 2008 x86. Server's been running fine for over 6mos. Last week, and again today, a 300GB+ file appeared in the message queue. I have a 20MB limit on messages set on the server and no one has a hard drive large enough to store a file that size to email out anyway. I can only assume this is corruption of some kind, but it's now happened twice in one week. I have to stop Kerio, delete the file from a command line and restart Kerio. Anyone seen this or have an idea? Thanks
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

This rare issue has been fixed in Kerio Connect 7.2.0 Patch 1. Please upgrade to patch 1.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
tonyswu

I haven't tried this after upgrading to 7.2, but before you could create an outgoing email message, attach a large file (in my case it was 700MB), and you wouldn't be able to send it, but you could certainly save that email as drafts, along with the attachment. That happened to me from a client for a couple of times.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2011 20:35]

•  
cpohts

Thanks for the responses. I'll update to patch 1 over the weekend and monitor it. Yes, you can create a draft, but that doesn't appear on the server in the message queue. A draft would be stored in the user's folder on the server and would be subject to any quota applied to the user (in my case 4GB).
  •  
germanr

I had the same issue on two different installations with 2008 R2. Just updated according to Kerio's recommendation.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
ershler

I just submitted a trouble ticket for the same problem. I'm running 7.2.0 build 3872 on OS X 10.4.11. The file in the queue directory had grown to 157 GB before Kerio Connect shut down due to no free disk space. Is Patch 1 appropriate for me as well?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Yes. Please upgrade to 7.2.0 patch 1.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
cpohts

Been a week since I upgraded 2 of my servers experiencing this problem to patch 1 and so far, no more issues.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I also haven't seen this problem since upgrading to patch 1. Thanks Kerio for getting this taken care of so quickly. I had one server shut down over a weekend because of this. Fortunately, I found the evil message in the queue folder quickly. I used Omni Disk Sweeper to find out what was taking up so much space on the drive. I now load that software on every Kerio server that I manage, so that I can hunt down files that are taking up a lot of space. It's freeware.
  •  
lisa.harden

I still have the file taking up space in my queue but I cannot locate it to delete it. How do I get rid of the huge file?
Search for .eml doesn't yield anything and a folder by folder search of the queue folder and its subfolders shows that they are all empty.
I even turned on show hidden files.
Any suggestions?
  •  
germanr

Try this free utility that will help you find it in seconds. This is for Windows
http://windirstat.info/

The file should be in one of the queue folders.

For MAC in this thread another utility was recommended.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2011 15:08]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
lisa.harden

Found it. Thanks!
Previous Topic: Crash - lost+found
Next Topic: iOS5 and Reminders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 08:13:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.