Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KC 7.2 P1 - PHP sendmail - it doesn't work (KC 7.2 as sendmail for PHP doesn't work)
  •  
me

Send a private message to this user
Hello, together.

I'm using Kerio Connect 7.2.0 Patch 1 on a Ubuntu 10.04 TLS Server.
The server has two IP address. One IP is binding with all Kerio services and Apache is binding with the other IP.
All is running well.

Now I try to configure PHP and KC to send emails via PHP. But it wouldn't work.

I have done these in the past:
- set '/opt/kerio/mailserver/sendmail' as sendmail_path in php.ini
- set chmod 755 at /opt/kerio/mailserver/sendmail
- checked that path and file at /opt/kerio/mailserver/sendmail exist > yes
- added IP 127.0.0.1 on SMTP service at Kerio Connect
- set Configuration > SMTP Server > Allow relay only for: 'Users from IP address group:''Local clients'
- added both official IP address ad IP group 'Local clients'

Nothing works. And I couldn't see anything at any log file of Kerio Connect.
After several hours to fix that problem and read several posts at different newsgroups I hope to get the final idea at this forum of Kerio professionals; maybe of a Kerio support, too?!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
  •  
TorW

DELETE

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2011 22:01]

•  
me

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sun, 03 July 2011 21:52
See

Thanks for that link.
I know that. The article describes to change permission at "ktssl.0.9.9.dylib and ktcrypto.0.9.8.dylib". But both I couldn't find on my server. Do I have to install them additional?
Permissions of sendmail are already changed (to 755, is this correct)?

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2011 08:45]

•  
me

I have checked my error.log of apache (as TorW propsed before his message was deleted).
There I can find a line with "sh: /opt/kerio/mailserver/sendmail: Permission denied" when I try to send a message.
The rights are on 755. But I get this error even if I set chmod 777.
Is there someone with an idea to solve this issue?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

me wrote on Mon, 04 July 2011 08:40

I know that. The article describes to change permission at "ktssl.0.9.9.dylib and ktcrypto.0.9.8.dylib". But both I couldn't find on my server.

Dynamic libraries on Linux have extension ".so". So look for these files.
  •  
me

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 04 July 2011 10:08
Dynamic libraries on Linux have extension ".so". So look for these files.

I've searched with "find / -name ktssl*" and "find / -name ktcryp*".
I have found no file on my machine.

Maybe are these files installed only when I have SSL installed, too?
I have no SSL running with apache. Is this possibly a prerequisite for using Kerio sendmail?

If not, do you have other ideas to solve this issue?
  •  
clan

I have ktcrypto.so.0.9.8 and ktssl.so.0.9.8 in /opt/kerio/mailserver, already with 755 permisions, but they seem to have not much to do with the sendmail problem.
sendmail seems to fail, because the permissions on the /opt/kerio/mailserver directory are set to 700 on our server, prohibiting search access to the directory. Changing to 755 seem to help.
  •  
me

clan wrote on Mon, 04 July 2011 17:30
sendmail seems to fail, because the permissions on the /opt/kerio/mailserver directory are set to 700 on our server, prohibiting search access to the directory. Changing to 755 seem to help.

THIS is the solution for this issue! THANKS a lot! Now PHP sendmail witk Kerio works.
Previous Topic: HOWTO Thunderbird - Sync calendar & contacts
Next Topic: Outlook 2010 - Calendar Views
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:54:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.