Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Pitney Bowes Postage Meter issue (Cannot connect through Kerio)
  •  
comtech123

Send a private message to this user
I have a couple of customers with new Pitney Bowes machines that will not connect through a default Kerio Control installation. PB has asked me to make sure ports 21, 80 and 443 are open and they of course are. I can go to any secure site, regular site and download from FTP easily but the postage meter still will not work. I've examined the logging and cannot find any rejections of any sort. I'm at a loss as to why this thing will not connect. Could anyone offer some advice on how to get this cursed postage meter to work?
They actually have a test site to determine if web content filtering is causing the problem. That is one test we can actually pass ok.
Thanks in advance!
  •  
styson

I don't have a solution for you but I had a client with one of those machines and could never get it to work through a DD-WRT based firewall, an Untangle UTM and even without a firewall. Just went back to using the modem connection. A much cheaper alternative is to use stamps.com and small usb label printers and dump PB altogether.
Twisted Evil

Have you tried disabling all proxies including the transparent? I've run into some sites that don't like any kind of proxy at all.
  •  
ICT and Me

Hi guys,
Could it be that the systems must get direct response?
I mean mabye the ports must be both way open. Try to redirect those ports to one system or make a rule for those system with a Full Cone NAT. not prefferable but maybe the solution.

Good luck

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
comtech123

Thanks for the info. We'll play with it some more. Just for kicks we did try running it behind a Microsoft ISA that also happened to be double natted behind a hardware firewall. Believe it or not it worked perfectly. There is something special about the Kerio Firewall that is not Pitney Bowes friendly.
Previous Topic: Is there a place to submit samples to Sophos?
Next Topic: Monitor POP delivery progress in Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:21:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.