Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Synchronization causing calendar events to be deleted (Kerio 7.2 Patch1 - Office 2003 & KOFF Calendar events get deleted)
  •  
kingswaygroup

Send a private message to this user
Thank goodness for the ability to restore deleted records!

I just finished migrating .pst files (2002+) to KERIO for 25+ users. The email folders were copied or moved, the contacts exported to separate .pst files as were the calendars and then imported into the KERIO store using OUTLOOK 2003. I am running the 7.2.0 patch 1 release of KERIO CONNECT. The email files and the contacts were fine. An odd thing happened to the calendar events. Initially I could see all the imported events, be it a 200 or 1700. Then a few moments later the count would start descending to numbers in the tens to hundreds (50-200). The OPERATIONS log files showed a massive amount of deletions for the user.

On the next machine I decided to put OUTLOOK into OFFLINE mode to ensure that the imported records were all there. I set KERIO to hold deleted records for 1 day. I RECOVERED DELETED RECORDS for the user before proceeding to the next step and there were 0. So lets say there were 500 records to begin with. I then put OUTLOOK back to ONLINE and the KERIO connector kicked in and synchronization began. Moments later the count started reducing, the OPERATIONS log showed the deletions and at the end when the Sync was done if I had 250 records left in the calendar folder, then when I selected to RECOVER Deleted Records for the user 250 records appeared - the missing ones. I then cut and pasted all the deleted items back to the calendar folder and they stayed put. Nothing was missing.

So, someone please tell me what has been going on. It is consistent except for the number of records deleted, even if the same user and .pst file is run time and again.

Thank you.

David.

David Green
  •  
jwreding

I experienced a similar issue when migrating users from Exchange to Kerio. When I would import the whole .pst file, it would instantly nuke all calendar entries and give me sync errors. Furthermore, it would append "Copy:" to all of the appointment names, which was very annoying. Here is how I fixed it:

In Exchange
Right-click Calendar and choose Save As

Save Calendar as .ics (make sure to choose Full Details and pick date range)

In Kerio

Disable folder sync on Calendar

Import .ics Calendar

Wait 5-10 minutes

Enable folder sync on Calendar

Not sure if this will work for you, but this is how I did it for 30 users and it worked fine. For whatever reason, Kerio flips out when you upload calendar entries that aren't on the server.

Good luck!
  •  
kingswaygroup

Thank you for another method. I did not see the COPY: situation but I certainly was worried about what to do when those calendar events disappeared. Unlike yourself I was not coming from Exchange, but from an older Bynari server (another email server) yet the results seem to be the same. One day I should try Kerio's IMAP migration tool.

David Green
  •  
nhoague

I just ran into this issue again. This time it was from a clean export of a PST file from an existing Kerio mailbox to a new Kerio mailbox. Same results, I import the calendar and immediately all the items start deleting themselves.

•  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

This is a known issue and it should be fixed in 7.4.1

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE
Next Topic: Status: 4.4.2 No greeting from remote host
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 21:33:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.