Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Wrong Date format in iCal invites? (Recieving an invite from iCal displays in dd/mm/yyy)
  •  
BLTomato

Send a private message to this user
We are experiencing an issue with iCal and I don't remember it ever happening before 7.2 patch 1. It may have come over with the latest version of Apple Mail, not sure however.

When a user sends an invitation to an iCal event thats created on a Calendar on the server, when the recipient gets it the invitation the email header has the date in the "wrong" format for us.

Inviting someone to something for July 7th, The header of the invite email generated reads:

Subject: testing
When: Wed 06.07.2011 17:00 - 18:00 (1.0 hours) (GMT -07:00)

Based on my localization prefs in System Prefs that should have been 07.06.2011.

The invite is ok, the date is correct when it gets sent and shows up on the invitees calendar correctly, it's just the email header that's an improper format for our office.

Did something change in apple mail? I don't see any preferences for this beyond the system prefs.

•  
Shawn B.

I too have seen this behavior.
It doesn't happen if you send a calendar invite from webmail.

Thanks,
Shawn
  •  
BLTomato

Right, when you view an event in Apple Mail that was generated using webmail and not iCal the header looks like:

Subject: WEBmail test
When: Wed 07/13/2011 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM (0.5 hours) (GMT-07:00)

So not only is the format in the correct order, it displays /'s instead of .'s Anyone discover a fix for this?
  •  
BLTomato

Further testing shows this may not be just an Apple Mail thing. Opening up an invite from iCal with Outlook11 shows the same incorrectly formatted header. And creating an invite in Outlook 11 also sends the email with the wrong format.

Still think Kerio is involved somehow, when you receive an invite from a .Mac account sent from their iCal you don't get this funky formatting.
  •  
aj08

I'm seeing the same issue with Kerio 9.1.1 and 9.1.0 with events that were created in iCal and events created using the Kerio client web interface. iCal puts the event on the right day and time but the email shows the date formatting incorrectly.

Subject: Event Test
When: Tue 13.09.2016 17:00 - 18:15 (1.2 hours) (GMT -07:00)

The server is not set to use the European date format with the day before the month but that is how it shows up in people's inboxes of their mail clients. What is causing this and how can I get it to send invites in the proper date format?
Previous Topic: How to delist ip from kerio antispam bitdefender
Next Topic: Notes Folder not syncing with iPhone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 18:50:38 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01120 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.