Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Linux or Windows (Linux or Windows)
  •  
moomo

Send a private message to this user

Which OS[ 12 votes ]
1.Windows 2 / 17%
2.Linux 10 / 83%

Linux or Windows ?

I am planning in buying Kerio Connect, We have about 30 - 50 users so which OS works the best, linux or windows , I have license for Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise so please let me now which OS you recommend .

Thanks

-----
I love Kerio Connect - Please IMPROVE your webmail .
  •  
reinhold

Hi,
We have Kerio Connect on both Linux and Windows servers, and they both perform well. My advice is take the OS that you are most experienced with.
Regards
/Brian

Brian Reinhold Jensen
Solutio ApS
Certified Business Partner
http://http://www.solutio.dk/loesninger/kerio-software/
  •  
stupot1397

I second what Brian says.

However, if you need to use NTLM authentication, then your only choice is Windows.

Regards

Stuart
  •  
Kedar

Another reason for Windows OS is BlackBerry support. BES requires Active Directory and must be installed on Windows Server system. You will save one server and money for HW+energy if all will be installed on one server. (Kerio Connect + BES connector + BES + AD)
  •  
moomo

I dont know I love LINUX but Windows is more user friendly I am more concern towards speed that all, as long as I will have same speed when checking emails on linux as compare to windows I am good with windows, I dont want any BB setup just plain window install and kerio install thats all no AD nothing.

-----
I love Kerio Connect - Please IMPROVE your webmail .
Previous Topic: redundand mailbox
Next Topic: OUTLOOK - Filter incoming mail to an OUTLOOK .pst Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:22:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.