Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KIMT & Tobit David
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

I've got a David X installation and want to try to migrate to kerio. AFAIK the only way is to use KIMT - IMAP import. Or did I miss some other way?

When I launch KIMT with the needed date I'll get the following error: See attached screenshot.

I blurred out the real personens & account name - the IP is the David X server. IMAP in general works for david....

Idea what could be wrong here - why I can't import?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2011 10:59]

•  
Kedar

I guess your .csv file is RTF, not plaintext. It was created in TextEdit.app?
  •  
Spacey

Aye... was text edit. OK, so I'll try bbedit or so Smile
Thanks!
  •  
Spacey

OK, bbedit worked - but unfortunately I just got an error - nothing happened right 1-2 seconds after starting the import... wheee Tobit is crazy software.
  •  
Spacey

I've checked the error.log and found the following:

[2954952704] In /Volumes/Autobuild/Builds/KMS-4008-NhQOqXk/autobuild/KMS/src /mailserver/MigrationTool/Imap/engine/MigratorThread.cpp:281 (execute): Account name surename<_at_>172.19.0.6 could not be created.

Where "name surename" the username of the tobit david user is. I guess KIMT can't create that user within Kerio.... and now?! Smile

•  
Kedar

How many accounts you migrate? If it's the only one account, then is much faster create two IMAP accounts in e-mail client and drag&drop copy folders and messages from server to server via your IMAP e-mail application.

I guess your usernames are in format something@somewhere and KIMT are trying create account something@somewhere>@domain on Kerio Connect and it fails.
  •  
bsc-computer

now there is a nice tool to migrate David to Kerio Connect.
is called GoodByeDavid.
It works very well including Fax and Voice Messages.
We have shift a lot of our Customers to Kerio with this tool.

Take a look at the german distributor
http://www.brainworks.de/kerio-connect/migration-zu-kerio-co nnect.html
Previous Topic: from Tobit to Kerio
Next Topic: Collecting messages from one or more IMAP Accounts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 04:41:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.