Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of Office Agent
  •  
aceint

Send a private message to this user
Hello everybody!

I'd be very grateful to receive your help in the following question. The issue is about the Out of Office Agent of Microsoft Outlook in combination with Kerio Connect. I wonder if there's a possibility to send the auto-response on EVERY incoming eMail instead of once per adresser.

I am looking forward to your replies. Thank you!

Best Regards

Sebastian

PS: Please excuse my bad english.
  •  
ccjwells

•  
aceint

Hey!

Thank you very much.
So, to reach my aim it must be done in front of the Mailserver (or via remote desktop solution), the Admin Console is useless at this point, did I get you right?

Thank you for your quick reply!

Best Regards
Sebastian
  •  
ccjwells

If you want to edit the original Out of Office reply that is there by default it would need to be done on the mail server directly. The admin console would not help there. However, the second solution posted by Radek where you create your own Out of Office reply would be editable in the webmail client. In webmail, you have the option of manually editing any rule you create.
  •  
aceint

Alright, thank you very much!

•  
winkelman

Please note: I've once edited the rule to have a response to every email and a day later I had BIG problems because of a 'mail loop'. Our system was responding to every mail sent by an outside company, which in turn responded to every mail. This all exploded and in one night I had over 200.000 messages choking the message queue. Took me a whole day to get everything running normally again.

So I'd strongly advice against creating such a rule!

I think default every sender will get an out-of-office once per week (and not just once, strictly speaking). You can set it to once per day. That seems sufficient and avoids mail loops.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7.2 patch 1 - Outlook 2007 KOFF slow perfomance
Next Topic: Query regarding Kerio Connect Betas
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:51:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.