Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Recurring Tasks (Webmail)
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

Send a private message to this user
I know this has been brought up before. But I can't find anything in the forum from the last few years. Recurring tasks in the webmail interface simply don't recur. If you mark them complete a new instance is never created. It doesn't matter what kind of recurrence you set either. They are not even recreated in Outlook (if marked as complete via webmail). I use multiple computers plus my phone to access Kerio so I can't always have access to Outlook. Is this issue ever going to be fixed? Does anyone know of a workaround?

I was going to link to 3 of the old topics discussing this issue (latest I found was 2008 but I found references back as far as 2005 to this same problem) but forum prevents me from posting links as a new user.

Edit: even if I could find a phone app (Android) that was able to handle recurring tasks and ActiveSync, that would be acceptable. I know that's not Kerio's problem but if someone knows of one please let me know.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2011 20:51]

•  
DeJuan N. Onley

Here is the response to my trouble ticket regarding the lack of recurring tasks in the webmail interface:

Quote:
Hi xxxxxx xxxxxx,

We understand your issue is as below. Is this correct?
1) Using WebMail you create a recurring task. For example the task named RecurringTask that recurs each day at 13:00 from the 20-31 July
2) You set the "Status" of RecurringTask to "Completed" on the 21st July.
3) From the 22nd July the task no longer recurs at 13:00 each day.

This performance is by design as once a task's "Status" has been set to "Completed" it is no longer active.

This seemed incredulous to me, so I responded with the following:

Quote:
By design? Then why bother with an option for recurrence in the web interface if the task won't recur? Exchange's web interface does this perfectly well. Even Kerio works properly but only if done through Outlook. If you aren't going to support recurring tasks in the web interface then you may as well remove the option for recurrence that appears when you create a task there since it doesn't seem to do anything.

Am I wrong? What is the point of that button for recurrence if it does absolutely nothing? If this is a bug that will be fixed then great. If there is no plan to support recurrence in the web interface then maybe the button should be removed. We will see if I get any further information but if I understand what I'm being told correctly it sounds like this issue isn't going to be addressed. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  •  
sedell

I first reported this in 2005. It was assigned bug # 10576. I'm still waiting for it to get fixed. I have to avoid webmail because if I click the wrong thing while being assaulted by the repeated reminder windows, it destroys my tasks.

Scott
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

I won't bother posting the second reply on the trouble ticket. Basically I was told this is not going to get fixed. Thankfully the latest beta version of Touchdown for Android supports repeating tasks (though you still can't create them from the phone) so that is a semi-useful workaround for me. The web client is still terribly broken for tasks though and I am extremely disappointed that the Kerio developers have no intention of fixing their own software. I may be looking for a new groupware solution for our company now as a quality web interface is important to us. I would be willing to give Kerio more time if they just said they were going to fix it but after these responses from tech support it seems I will be waiting until Satan's fireplace reaches sub-zero temperatures.

Update: As of 7.3.0 this issue has been fixed. Apparently the developers were listening to us and tech support was unaware a fix was in the works. It would have been nice if I was at least told the issue was being addressed when I submitted my trouble ticket.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2011 17:13]

•  
Darren

I'm running 7.3.0 but the task recurrence still doesn't seem to work.

For example if I create a new task with recurrence of 1 week every Tuesday then mark it as completed, a new task (for next week) is not created.
Previous Topic: New delegations show up in web interface, not in ical
Next Topic: Push Kerio Outlook Offline Connector via GPO ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:11:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.