Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.2 patch 1 - Outlook 2007 KOFF slow perfomance (performance problem with Outlook and KOFF)
  •  
coretech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I would to like to ask ou about strange perfomance with KOFF and Outlook 2007 on pc with Windows 7 (64bit) core i7 with 8GB of ram and personal db folder with 8GB (FDB file) and some other FBD for public folder with 3,7GB (no antivirus on the pc and no others outlook plug-in!)

i've also other folders in my personal profile or in Public Folder with 6000 - 10000 messages
My profile is completed synch with the server so is not a case were KOFF are still synch with the Kerio Connect server

The problem is slow perfomance when switch from the folders or in messages preview. It's not a problem only with 7.2 version..

In my case for example i've inbox folder with 2200 messages and sent intem with 6500 messages

Some time for switch from a folder to another folder is fast and require 1 or 2 second but often for unknow reason when i switch to another folder Outlook require a lot of time (30 second, 1 minute or more).
The memory is not the problem because i monitor Window Perfomance Manager and i never arrive to hold all 8GB. Usually i arrive to 4 or 5GB of ram.
At the same time there are not operation on Hard Disk.

This problem don't happen always nut i don't undestand what are the reason for these delay.

It's like that KOFF hang for unknown reason and wait for an answer. I don't understand if KOFF wait for a client answer or for a server answer.

This thing happen to me but also on customers and resellers pc with the same configuration and we received a lot of complain about this type of issues.

My doubt:
1- With a local database "server" inside KOFF on client pc (firebird), the outlook w(with koff) perfomance depend only from client side or depend always from Kerio Connect server side than can engrave the outlook +koff general perfomance? I can image that KOFF always check the server for synch the element.

2-There is a procedure inside KOFF when check Kerio Connect server for synch that can block Outlook if the Kerio Connect don't answer immediately or is slow in reply?

I want to understand if when Outlook is slow it depend from the Kerio Connect Server reply speed (for example if there are more koff connected to the server) or outlook perfomance depend only from client side.

In version 7.2 i know that local database (FDB file) are splitted in more than one and i know that now the local ram memory is not used more than 250MB..

thanks
roberto
Previous Topic: Kerio administration
Next Topic: Out of Office Agent
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:47:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.