Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Unexpected errors in Operator 1.1
  •  
Eriq Neale

Send a private message to this user
Just updated to Operator 1.1 (have updated through all of the beta and RC builds of Operator on this system, keeping the same configuration) and am now seeing a couple of errors in the Error and Warning logs. Specifically:

Error log:
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:10] Cannot connect to Directory service. The configuration change wasn't applied to asterisk! See warning log for more details.
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:24] Cannot connect to Directory service. The configuration change wasn't applied to asterisk! See warning log for more details.

Warning log:
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:10] Can't bind to LDAP server ww.xx.yy.zz using any supported authentication method. Username: xxxx<_at_>yyy.zzz. (ThreadId=1652)
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:10] operator kernel: [ 8.152061] WARNING: at arch/x86/kernel/hpet.c:299 hpet_legacy_next_event+0x38/0x5a()
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:17] operator kernel: [ 8.152061] WARNING: at arch/x86/kernel/hpet.c:299 hpet_legacy_next_event+0x38/0x5a()
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:24] Can't bind to LDAP server ww.xx.yy.zz using any supported authentication method. Username: xxxx<_at_>yyy.zzz. (ThreadId=2019)
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:49] operator kernel: [ 52.877634] warning: `ntpd\' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)
[20/Jul/2011 13:13:50] operator kernel: [ 52.877634] warning: `ntpd\' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

We'd seen problems with Active Directory connections in an earlier build of Operator, but those had been resolved in one of the beta builds. Now it looks like it may have returned in the release build.

Any insights on this? Known issue?

-Eriq
  •  
Eriq Neale

I should also mention that when I go into the Directory Service tab under Advanced Settings and click the Test Connection button, I get a response that the Directory Server connection has been successfully tested. And there are no entries in the Error or Warning logs corresponding to clicking the Test Connection button.

-Eriq
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hallo,

it's known issue. These logs are logged during boot only. Do you have any other problems with directory service after the Operator boots?

Jakub
  •  
Eriq Neale

Actually, it doesn't appear that there are any performance problems with the directory connection now that i'm digging further, and I hadn't noticed that those errors coincided with boot. Just a little surprised that I hadn't seen anything like those errors in previous beta and RC builds.

I just don't like seeing new errors in production code. Call me paranoid. Smile

-Eriq
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

This is precisely the topic of one of the bug fixes between RC2 and the final version. It seems we will need to revisit the issue once more.

We run a script that re-generates the configuration after each boot. The files are modified after each configuration change and I guess the probability something wrong happens to them during boot is next to zero. We run the script nonetheless to be 100% sure they are in sync with the configuration database. It was this script that sometimes failed when it needed to read data from the directory server. I think we now need to re-check the fix. We will also re-phrase the error message and most likely move it to the warning log because it's really just a warning rather than a permanent error.

Vladimir

Previous Topic: Cisco SPA8800
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 1.1 - Bug
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 09:14:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.