Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How do i Block Windows Live Messenger 2011 ??? (How to lock in Kerio Control???)
  •  
Peralta

Send a private message to this user
I've tried several ways to block Windows Live Messenger 2011 on Kerio Control but can not.

I have looked in several forums on the Internet and not found a solution. Neither the oficial support of Kerio has a solution.

What can I do?
  •  
KursadOlmez

Hi,

I'm blocking MSN, Yahoo and Skype messengers with this way;

1. Block Windows Messenger protocol from Traffic Rules
http://proxima.web.tr/pub/kerio/2011-07-21_190723.png

2. Create an URL groups of the addresses below
http://proxima.web.tr/pub/kerio/2011-07-21_191007.png

3. And create HTTP Policy
http://proxima.web.tr/pub/kerio/2011-07-21_191304.png

You can select users or user groups to apply that rule if you are using active directory integration or if you are using local user database to authenticate users.
  •  
Peralta

Your method blocks Messenger to the entire network and all users. It worked perfectly!

But I want to block only some users and not the entire network. In this case, what should I change?

Thank you!

[Updated on: Thu, 21 July 2011 20:52]

•  
KursadOlmez

You should change the Traffic Policy and HTTP Policy rules to apply only the users (or groups) that you want.

For Traffic Policy you can add users to Source section instead of Trusted/Local Interfaces.

For HTTP Policy you can add users to Users section instead of Any User.

•  
Peralta

Thank you for support!

The method work Perfectly!
  •  
KursadOlmez

You're welcome. I'm glad to help Smile
Previous Topic: Every user Account should only used once
Next Topic: DynamicDNS hostname from LAN resolves to router
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:28:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.