Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect or Exchange
  •  
Kaffetrinker

Send a private message to this user
Hello

i need an email server for our small business, we are only three Persons and have three win7 PC with Office 2010 and outside the Office two MacBooks with Office 2011 we also would like to use our iPhones for mail and calender.
I like easy solutions so Kerio Connect could be an good choice.
Money is no consideration between SBS 2011 and Kerio because till 5 Users the SBS is not really much more expensive
Here in the Forum are postings about problems with Kerio Connect and Office 2011, speed problems with KOFF(?) connection with Outlook.

Now i feel insecure if Kerio is a good decision because i did not read about this problems with Exchange
can these problems occur on all server operating systems (mac, win, linux)?
or is there an OS to prefer for Kerio Connect to avoid problems?
or is it better to go with the SBS 2011?

thanks for help
  •  
GoldenHunter

You might be better of using Exchange (hosted solution) because the Kerio support is not excellent if you need help with a more sophisticated set up and if you are not one of those guys who buy hundreds of licenses.
A hosted solution might provide you with better support (you could also try a hosted Kerio solution if the hosting company agrees to do the support rather than the actual Kerio support).
  •  
GetSync'd

We vote Hosted Kerio Connect for the absolute best of both worlds! There are a few hosted Kerio solutions providers that offer excellent support!

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2011 20:37]

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
  •  
Kaffetrinker

A hosted solution would be an alternative
but is Outlook 2011 working with Kerio Connect? I see here in the Forum a lot of People with Problems but no Solutions mostly they didn´t even become an Answer.
Are there no Kerio Guys in this Forum?

Summary to me after reading in this Forum is that Outlook 2011 don't work and Outlook 2010 is very slow (when using KOFF), it needs seconds to minutes changing folder, general usage is very sluggish.

Is that the truth or particular cases and why is there no help from Kerio?
  •  
GetSync'd

Kerio Connect works great with Outlook 2011 as long as you are running the latest version of Kerio. Many of our customers use it.

Kaffetrinker wrote on Sat, 23 July 2011 17:38
A hosted solution would be an alternative
but is Outlook 2011 working with Kerio Connect? I see here in the Forum a lot of People with Problems but no Solutions mostly they didn´t even become an Answer.
Are there no Kerio Guys in this Forum?

Summary to me after reading in this Forum is that Outlook 2011 don't work and Outlook 2010 is very slow (when using KOFF), it needs seconds to minutes changing folder, general usage is very sluggish.

Is that the truth or particular cases and why is there no help from Kerio?

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
Previous Topic: hide public folders on webmail
Next Topic: Android phone connect to Kerio Mail server 6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 23:49:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.