Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email with embedded images falsely showing attachment icon in Outlook (Email with embedded images falsely showing attachment icon in Outlook)
  •  
cjdny8

Send a private message to this user

Attachment Icon in Outlook[ 4 votes ]
1.Do you have this problem too? 3 / 75%
2.Do you NOT have this problem? 1 / 25%

I would like to put this out there to the Kerio Connect community to find out who else is having this problem.

In Outlook, since Connect 7.2.1, when a person sends us an email and they have their logo, which is an image (jpg, png) in their email such as in a signature, Outlook is falsely reporting that there is an attachment. The attachment paperclip icon shows up on the message list pane. This is making it very difficult for my users to know if there is a true attachment (such as a PDF or Excel document) or not when searching thru their emails.

Kerio has told me that in version 7.2.1, the way HTML is handled by Connect was changed, and I can confirm this when I look at my emails before and after the update when it was release in June 2011.

Kerio has also said they've only had 4 users ask about this very issue and have notified their developers but do not have a time table when this might be fixed in 7.3 or if they even consider this a bug.

Therefore, if you are also having this problem, and you think its as annoying as I do. Can you please respond to this posting or to the included Poll and help one another get Kerio's attention?

thank you!

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2011 18:58]

•  
omninetinc

Send a private message to this user
We're having exact same issue with client on 7.2.2. We
re on 7.1.2 and no issue.
Previous Topic: KOFF and webmail
Next Topic: Kerio marking internal, whitelisted messages as spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 00:59:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.