Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange Account in Mac Mail 10.7 Lion
  •  
Tech1UAE

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Just tried to add an 'Exchange' account into my Mac Mail application, the same way I would add an account on my iPad or iPhone.

It doesn't work. It appears to connect but doesn't download anything. Anybody have any ideas why?

Thanks,

Andy
  •  
My IT Indy

Exchange IMAP is what you want.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Tech1UAE

Thanks for your reply.

What I actually want is direct integration with Mail, Contacts and Calendars like on the iPad and iPhone without installing Kerio extensions.

Thanks,

Andy
  •  
GlennK

No Kerio extensions needed. Use CardDAV and CalCAV if I'm not mistaken.

I know what you're saying though, you want to add an "Exchange" account without any extra noodling around. I don't think that is possible. You have to at least do the extra legwork of configuring cardDAV and CalDAV unless you're using a Microsoft Entourage/Exchange client.
  •  
danhck88

Hi,
I've the same problem in "Mail" with OSX Lion configured in Exchange.

The Kerio Connect 7.2.2 log display this:
[25/Jul/2011 09:31:24] Failed STARTTLS in LDAP connection with "IP ADDRESS"

Mail and Lion it's not compatibile whit Kerio Connect 7.2.2 exchange sync?
Thansk for reply

D
  •  
Tech1UAE

•  
danhck88

•  
phil_w

Getting same error in Kerio logs since introducing a LION client into the mix - Failed STARTTLS in LDAP connection with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - Kerio at 7.2.2 on OSX Server 10.6.8 and LION client 10.7. Deleted existing LDAP account in Address Book and recreated using the Kerio config tool from the webmail login page. Any ideas?

Message repeats forever until i put the laptop in question to sleep...
  •  
phil_w

Ah, solved it!

There was an old-style LDAP connection configured in Directory Utility - (the Mac was a Lion upgrade not a fresh install). Deleted the entry and the warning has stopped.
  •  
topher1078

What was the old-style LDAP connection? I'm trying to diagnose an iCal problem, and feel like your problem may be similar to mine.
  •  
phil_w

There was an LDAP connection to the mail server listed in Directory Utility - no longer necessary with Address Book doing the work - just deleted the entry and all good.
  •  
e-types

Hi

I have successfully setup my kerio in the new Lion mail client as a IMAP Exchange and the calendar as CalDAV and the address book as CardDAV. This solutions works, BUT how do I access public contacts (GAL) and public calendars for that matter???

PS: As suggested above it would be much more efficient if the account could be setup as an Exchange account like on the iPhone/iPad.

Update: I have just found out that I don't have the possibility to invite other people to events in iCal. My personal gmail calendar is also using CalDAV in iCal, but here I can invite other people.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 15:07]

Best regards

Søren Nielsen
  •  
ordway9841

So it seems that you can not setup an Exchange Account in System Preferences like you can for the iPhone or iPad. You have to setup Mail, iCal, and Address Book separately with imap, caldav, and cardav.
It sure would be nice to just have to enter the info one time. Maybe a future update to Kerio will provide for that??
  •  
That Sales Guy

The protocol that is being used on the iOS devices is ActiveSync and is designed by Microsoft for mobile devices, not for desktops. Setting up the CalDav and CardDav is really easy with the auto configure tools.
jelockwood

ordway9841 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2011 17:01
So it seems that you can not setup an Exchange Account in System Preferences like you can for the iPhone or iPad. You have to setup Mail, iCal, and Address Book separately with imap, caldav, and cardav.
It sure would be nice to just have to enter the info one time. Maybe a future update to Kerio will provide for that??

Currently Kerio Connect only supports EWS (Exchange Web Services) connections from Outlook 2011 for Mac. Even though (in theory) all EWS clients should be using the same protocol and therefore also be able to work, it is not possible to connect Apple Mail as an Exchange EWS client to Kerio Connect. If it was possible then Apple Mail would automatically setup AddressBook and iCal when adding the account just like it can with a 'real' Exchange server.

Kerio are aware of this issue, but currently only allow using Exchange IMAP in Apple Mail which means the user has to do more work in setting up AddressBook and iCal. Kerio has not indicated to me at least if/when this is likely to be addressed.

I was hoping to test using Apple Mail in EWS mode as Apple Mail has always had severe performance problems over slow links in IMAP mode. This is due to the way Apple Mail resyncs every message in every IMAP folder. It can take so long over a slow link it actually times out and begins again meaning it never completes successfully. I wanted to see if the same Kerio account worked better via EWS instead.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2011 13:52]

Previous Topic: WebServer With Kerio MailServer
Next Topic: Migrate user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 02:53:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00512 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.