Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need to persuade directors to go with Kerio (Need updates on some issues I have seen re: KOFF)
  •  
kepano

Send a private message to this user
A company I work for are looking to move away from SBS and go to Kerio. They have a mix of PC and MAC, for MAC's we are thinking of just using the inbuilt mail client et al, and PC using Outlook, as presently used.

All looks good, but there are various posts saying that KOFF can be slow.

So here are a few questions

1. Am I right in thinking that KOFF Offline, is equivalent to outlook Cached mode?
2. And if KOFF is in Offline mode, will it sync all public folders as well, the reason for asking this is that the public folders are rather large here (30gb+) as they are used for projects. Or does it just list the public folders, then downloads the a folder once it has been clicked on (as Entourage does with exchange)
3. Does the setup of Mail on MAC and outlook on PC cause any issues, or known problem?

Know these questions are quite broad, but would appreciate any feedback.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2011 15:15]

•  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
Kepano,

Welcome! Here's some answers for you.

1. KOFF Is exactly like Outlook cached mode where the messages are stored both on the server and on the client and synced periodically, or with certain actions.
2. If KOFF is in offline mode, it's probably due to a network issue or a server issue. In both cases no syncing can occur until the problems are remedied. The data stored in the local cache of KOFF will remain available to the end user. They can even make changes, read already recieved emails, etc etc. But, no change will occur at the server and no emails can be sent until the connection returns. The size of the public folders should not cause any problems. They may be slow to sync initially, but will work quite well in continual usage. Only changed data is synced. And, yes the folders might be unsynced until used, but there is a setting to sync all folders if I remember correctly (haven't had to mess with it in a log time because KOFF works so well...)
3. None currently. Only big issue to note is new releases of Outlook (like a new version or service pack) and new versions of Mac software may not be supported initially with Kerio. So keep your users from upgrading too quickly, as this may cause a disruption of service.

Hope that helps. KOFF is an amazing thing, and works extremely well in all situations where I've tried it. Including mutiple restarts of a server during business hours, where almost all my users didn't even noticed and continued working as if nothing occured. Gotta love a happy user. Smile
Previous Topic: Axigen to Kerio
Next Topic: KOFF and webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:17:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00342 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.