Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DynamicDNS hostname from LAN resolves to router (DynDNS hostname for webmail resolving to router instead of webmail)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We have a client running Connect and Control on the same XP PC.

We have given them a DynDNS company.dyndns.biz hostname.

From outside the LAN HTTP://company.dyndns.biz works fine and login to webmail is cool.

If we try the same from within the LAN it resolves to the router's login page instead of the webmail.

On our own network webmail to a dynamic hostname works fine LAN and WAN. (we are running mail & firewall on separate servers)

Has anyone please got any advise on where we can look to resolve the problem?

Thanks
Gary
  •  
KursadOlmez

I guess the issue is with your configuration. Your modem and Kerio Control server is not connected with bridged mode. I mean you are using local IP on your kerio control network interface. If the configuration is like as I guess then you have two options;

1. Connect modem and kerio with bridged mode,

or

2. If you are using local DNS server on your network then create a new domain for dyndns.biz and create a host record for the "company" and use your local webmail IP for it.

The second solution has one major problem; After creating dyndns.biz domain on your local dns server, your users can not resolve the IP addresses of hosts under dyndns.biz.

Regards,

•  
GazzaBot

1. It is not in bridge mode as you have guessed, but at our office it is also not bridge mode but works. Could this be because it is on a separate server?

2. I did add the company.dyndns.biz to the DNS server as a host and nslookup shows the local IP but still HTTP goes to router login. Is there maybe a firewall rule that is needed??

Thanks
G
  •  
ICT and Me

your problem is that both products running port 80/443 (HTTP/HTTPS).
So if Connect was first started the ports are blocked. Control can start but cannot start webaccess to VPNclientless part because of the blocking.
Adv: Stop HTTP service on Connect and use only HTTPS. Start HTTP service on the Control part.
Or reconfigure the ports at one of the products.
Otherwise you must put the products on different servers. And in that case I will should install Control SA on a system and Connect on the Win system.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: How do i Block Windows Live Messenger 2011 ???
Next Topic: Http does not work
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:03:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.