Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delegate calendars in iCal in Lion (Added events cause a never-ending refresh)
  •  
topher1078

Send a private message to this user
On 10.7 systems, if I add an event onto a delegate calendar, the spinning cursor never stops spinning, and new events aren't added. If I add stuff to my own calendar, that works fine. In the Console, I get a bunch of

7/27/11 10:37:37.487 AM iCal: Calendaring data empty

entries in the log, and also see this error

7/27/11 10:37:40.903 AM iCal: -[CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation(Private) refreshCalendarsForPrincipalCoreDAV:error:] Exception caught during calendar refresh :: -[__NSCFSet addObject:]: attempt to insert nil
calendar = "First" (D91BD1AD-FFE3-4DE0-9659-5655679F7D0D)
account = "First Last"

Any one else run into similar syncing problems?
  •  
stothers

yes.

i have it as well, but not just in 10.7

Any user opening a shared calendar gets extremely high CPU utilization.

still researching for a solution.
  •  
GlennK

We're seeing similar behavior with a user in Lion. This is right away after adding the calendar to the Lion iCal. Also the auto-configure tool didn't work. It had to be added manually. Once added, all looked fine but it spins forever. Events are not added successfully according to the user. They don't propagate to the web/iphone etc. The constant spinning was duplicated on 2 computers (same account).
  •  
ebatte

Same thing happening here for multiple users running Lion. Any suggested fix yet?
  •  
GlennK

I have a user with this problem as well. It was working fine under Snow Leopard.
  •  
ebatte

FYI here is the solution (per Kerio tech support):
Please try stopping the server, navigating to the mailstore directory (by default it's located at /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail), deleting the .caldav.db, and then restarting the server. This will rebuild the delegate information so it may take a little bit of time.

Problem solved.
  •  
topher1078

That doesn't solve the problem actually - I'm helping Kerio support diagnose the issue with logs and such and so far there isn't a solution. It doesn't affect Kerio alone, there's references to a Console error that have been popping up on Google since Lion's release, so I think it's more of an Apple issue than anything.
  •  
ebatte

Hmmm. It fixed delegates not appearing for multiple iCal users running Lion in my office.
  •  
topher1078

Hmm might be dealing with different issues. For me, I can see delegate calendars fine. The problem begins the first time an already added delegate calendar downloads a new event from the server - the event doesn't download, and the download in question begins an endless refresh loop, where nothing new at all is being downloaded.
  •  
stothers

anyone tried this under 7.2.3?

any changes?
  •  
topher1078

Still no changes. Looks like an Apple bug at this point after much correspondence with Kerio Support.
  •  
topher1078

10.7.2 fixes this bug. Update! Update now!
  •  
tonyswu

Actually, I would recommend NOT to update to 10.7.2. 10.7.2 effectively breaks support on the delegation part of Kerio CalDAV. If you have delegation prior to updating, it'll be preserved, but if you try to add more delegate calendars, it'll say the server does not support delegate.
  •  
LGS Support

So...wait...I'm confused and slightly peeved. Are calendar delegates broken in 10.7.2 Kerio version 7.2.3 patch1? It sure seems broken on my end. In addition, the magic setup tool seems just plain broken. Fix forthcoming I hope?
  •  
topher1078

On my setup, I cannot add/remove delegate calendars in iCal. However, any delegate calendars that were already added continue to appear and work properly.
Previous Topic: Direct Push doesn't work over VPN?
Next Topic: Outlook x "Junk-Mail" folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:26:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00536 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.