Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Software License/Maintenance question
  •  
brandonh75

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I have a quick question about licenses and software maintenance. Let's say that we start out purchasing new licenses for 200 users. I have been told that Software Maintenance will cover any users should we happen to go over 200.

What I'm not clear on is if we do run over 200 in the first year, what exactly happens when it comes time to renew the Software Maintenance? If we were to go slightly over, say 203, would we have to renew the 200 and pay full new license price for the new 5 user addon? Or would we just be paying the normal Software Maintenance price for all 205?

Thanks!
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

please read FAQ about licensing - http://www.kerio.com/support/software-maintenance

When you buy license for 200 users, you can't go over 200 users.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
brandonh75

So I guess I am misunderstanding when this FAQ says "When you increase the number of users on your license, these additional users will be covered by Software Maintenance until the server product expiration date." I've read the FAQ several times in the past to make sure I know how it works, but I guess that is the only part that is confusing to me.

OK, now if we CAN'T go over the number of licenses purchased initially, how easy is it to add more if we need to in the middle of a year? And what would those cost? I was told by a Kerio employee "The add on licenses will become coterminous with the initial renewal date." Will these new licenses still be full price even if there might be 6 months left on the Software Maintenance? Or would they be less?

Thanks again!

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2011 23:17]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

BrandonH75 wrote on Wed, 27 July 2011 23:11
"When you increase the number of users on your license, these additional users will be covered by Software Maintenance until the server product expiration date."

That means you can add add-ons anytime. Increase number of users = buying add-on.

For pricing please contact our sales department. They will send you a quote based on your situation.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
ICT and Me

@BrandonH75
If you bought a license for 200 users and the company is growing that year with 3 more people, then you must buy a 5 users add-on license and pay the full price. Even when your buying it two month before renewal.
Most of the time I advise my customers that if the are two month before renewal to wait.
First renewal and buy the add-on. Even I advise my customers to look very good how many growth they suspect on people in the year coming. And buy in advanced.
Because the license isn't only people, but every mailbox or maillinglist. Not the group-address will be count.

I hope this is the information you want. Your Kerio reseller must know this very well.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
j.a.duke

ICT and Me wrote on Thu, 28 July 2011 04:20
First renewal and buy the add-on. Even I advise my customers to look very good how many growth they suspect on people in the year coming. And buy in advanced.
Because the license isn't only people, but every mailbox or maillinglist. Not the group-address will be count.

I hope this is the information you want. Your Kerio reseller must know this very well.

Carlo,

Just one correction-mailing lists no longer count against the license as a user. That change was made a while (2-3 years) ago.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
brandonh75

Previous Topic: big incoming email
Next Topic: 1 user accessing mail from multiple domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 12:02:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.