Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » big incoming email
  •  
apsogos

Send a private message to this user
Good evening ,

I recently fetch in one account an email with big capacity...how can i restrict ,big capacity emails come to my server?

which is the prefered max email attached capacity?

thank you
  •  
apsogos

i am setting up the mailserver firewall and i want to ask for in and out from mailserver.exe the only ports where must be open is 110 for pop and 25 for smtp...
because the firewall asks for some ports like 3467 3471 3082 e.g

whats going on?
  •  
p0ddie

If you only want to use POP3 and SMTP without SSL (you should really use IMAP and ssl encryption), then ports 110 and 25 will be enough. If your mail server will receive mails directly via MX entries, consider opening port 587 for smtp submission, too, or else some mails might not get through.

Oh, and the recommendet max. allowed email size is something discussed almost as vigorously as religious topics. It depends entirely on what your business is.

I normally set a limit to 20MB for in- and outgoing mails (everything else has to be transferred via ftp, Dropbox, anything but email), but then again there are business branches like architects where it is common to send a construction plan with 150MB via email.

You decide, you're the admin, you know your folks.
Previous Topic: kerio.eu's RSS Feed outdated
Next Topic: Software License/Maintenance question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:44:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.