Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Blackberry Connector Mail Synchronisation
  •  
thanke

Send a private message to this user
Hello togehter

i have some strange problems with the Blackberry Connector and the Blackberry devices in our company.

Sometimes i cant make an enterprise activation since the mail will be stored in the inbox from the users.
an other problem is that all mails on the blackberrys will be marked as unread when the item was open in outlook, so i have on one device for example 230 mails that are unread.

when i open the mail on the device the synchoinistaion to outlook is working fine.

the next problem is that on one device sometomes the contacts dont synchronice, i then must start an re-activation and also the service for the wireless activation is not available.

the next problem is that when i have an new calender item it will be synchronized to the device, when i change for example the time or the day of that meeting there is no new appointment on teh phone

can anybody help my with this issue?

We use Kerio 7.2.2 and BES 5.0.3

Thanks

Regards Thorsten
  •  
cpohts

First thing is to make sure your BES SRP ID is unique. This ID is what registers your BES server with the blackberry network. A duplicate ID can cause this problem. I'll also assume your internet connection and netowrk communication between BES and Kerio is working properly with no latency or other problems. Lastly and you may not like it, you may need to rebuild your BES server. I've managed several BES servers and only had this happen once but it started with symptoms like what you've reported. They grew worse to the point where messages would take over 6hrs to arrive on the BB. I rebuilt the server from scratch (only had 5 users at the time) and it was perfect after.
  •  
thanke

Hello cpohts

thanks for your answer, is there an special way to rebuild the BES?

there is no duplicate SRP IP and the communication is also working so i think its an bes problem. i have in the log some messages from SQL and i think this could be the problem.

Can i move the users to an new server without any problems?

Regards

Thorsten
  •  
davemcdave

Hi thanke,

We are currently testing the BES software with Kerio and 1 thing I have noticed is that when updating/deleting anything on the phone, it sometimes takes around 10-15 minutes for it to update on the Outlook side. So for example if we delete a email from the phone and tell it to do both mailbox + handheld it will be around 10 minutes before it updates the mailbox.

Also with the emails coming in as unread, thats just BES and Blackberry's im afraid! Its not a true sync service like Activesync.

Dave
  •  
thanke

Hi Dave

we have also sometimes time differences on the mails but all the mails are not marked as read on the blackberry when the maisl are read in outlook.

sometmes we have 200 maisl for example that are not marked.

i think we habe an problem with the BES database so i check if we can create an new one or install the bes on an new server
  •  
davemcdave

I'm going to try downgrading to BESX 5.0.2 as I have read somewhere that this one seems to work ok. Ill report back here if I get any joy!

Dave
  •  
thanke

OK since i have an phone call with the kerio support and they said to me to use the 5.0.3
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

davemcdave wrote on Fri, 29 July 2011 09:27
Hi thanke,

We are currently testing the BES software with Kerio and 1 thing I have noticed is that when updating/deleting anything on the phone, it sometimes takes around 10-15 minutes for it to update on the Outlook side. So for example if we delete a email from the phone and tell it to do both mailbox + handheld it will be around 10 minutes before it updates the mailbox.

Also with the emails coming in as unread, thats just BES and Blackberry's im afraid! Its not a true sync service like Activesync.

Dave

BlackBerry synchronization is not a true synchronization. BES is forwarding emails to the device and changes from the device are synchronized with a delay. By default, all changes made on the device are synchronized back to the server with after 15 minutes (default reconciliation time). Or when you force it in BlackBerry device menu. Also, when deleting the message on the device, make sure that the email client is set to delete the file on "Both handheld and server".
  •  
thanke

Hello,

i have checked that settings and this are correct. The problems is that no mails where synchrinized!°
Previous Topic: question for secure imap - outlook -ssl
Next Topic: Kerio Webmail and Chrome - Huge Issue!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:05:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00479 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.