Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Network Load Balancing and Distribution (Network Load Balancing and Distribution)
  •  
fizee

Send a private message to this user
Hello

Iam the new one in this forum and havn't configure the winroute before I want to know that it may be possible or not before I configure

I have two ISP modem ADSl Routers I want to distribute my network load on both.
On one ISP I want to set up POP and SMTP settings and, on another one I want to set up HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and other protocols on it. I have did all that in ISA server but I fail than somebody advice me about this software so Iam taking advicing from you before configure and waste my time. If it is possible kindly advice me what is the suitable method for it and what rules I have to apply to make this scenario

Thank you
Awaiting for your prompt reply
Faizan Shabbir
  •  
Higor

Yes, that is possible.

Create a traffic rule for Mail protocols and assign a specific interface (Interface 1).
Create another traffic rule for other protocols ans assign the other interface.
  •  
fizee

I have did it but it doesnt work only one connection is active at one time
  •  
Higor

Which Kerio Control version have you installed?

Options below are available in Kerio Control 7.2.

Did you setup the Internet Connectivity correctly? Select Multiple Links - Traffic Load Balancing.
After that, for each adapter in the Internet Interfaces group, assign a different weight (1-100).
  •  
Goran

Yes possible.. check your Gatevays, Dns configuration ob bouth nettwork, also they must be separated
ne1 (192.168.1.10)
net2 (192.168.2.10)

I having troubles with balancing can anyone help me...
when i downloading torrent's all data going trough only 1 connection then when i open web pae it goes trough another one...
so look like 2000 open prots going trough 1 connection, that start hapaning in verion 7.2.
And my connection is set to (balancing per connection)
Any ideas what can be wrong?

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
mat

Well,

there are lots of different issues which can be causing your behavior. in general, if you have 2 default gateways which are identical IP addresses from the same ISP it will not work. The work around i am using is a Mikrotik router which is capable of marking ports/packets and therefore making sure the reply comes back thru the same interface it was sent.

WS --- KERIO --- Mikrotik --- ISP gateway
WS --- ISP gateway

in saying so, i am using a Mikrotik 750G router and PCC to make it happen, costs around $90.00

Have a look at it. it is worth while spent money. i still would not miss Kerio due to proxy and stats and user domain authentication. This is great to run Kerio control for.

hope this helps.

M
  •  
fizee

Yes I have tried it on 6.7 and 7.2 but I got tired from it Sad well I have check it on same isp may be mat and goran are right well I have configure Clear OS in Future if I have to work on a such task I'll follow ur suggestions

Thank you
Previous Topic: Firewall Configuration to allow emails journalled to archive
Next Topic: block torrent
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 02:50:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.