Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sorting eMails @ Users & "unknown" Folder
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

I'm new to Kerio and working on a configuration fitting my needs:

1) Sorting eMails from one pop3 to all Keri users:

- Kerio grabs it's mails from a pop3 account located in a datacenter. This is a catch all pop3 for a whole domain.

- I've got several users within Kerio. Each user got several eMail adresses set up in the user settings.

- Unfortunately Kerio doesn't sort the eMails from the pop3 to the users. I got it working but with an additional sorting rule for each eMail adress. But doing it that way I need to set up every eMail address twice: In the user account (where I want it for overview reasons) and within the sorting rules.

- I can edit some delivery options within the pop3 grabbing settings: Either throw every eMail to a specific address - which I don't want - or use sorting rules. But like said I'd prefer not to set up a sorting rule for every personal eMail adress.

Any other chance to reach my goal? Smile

2) For eMail-Adresses from the above pop3 which don't belong to anyone I would like to have an public (for every Kerio user) "unknown" folder where they all go in. How to do that? Smile At the moment during my tests these eMails simply get lost somewhere in time and space, or?!

Thanks a lot for feedback!!

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2011 11:38]

•  
Spacey

Nobody a hint here?! Smile
  •  
p0ddie

Hi,

if you want to rely on pop3 download, then using a separate pop3 mailbox for every user to download from is imho the easiest way with little to no room for errors.

I haven't done this in a while, so this might have been changed in the meantime (meaning: you can download pop3 directly into a public folder by now), but: Since you can't download a pop3 account to a public folder/email alias (only into a user mailbox), create a user mailbox that forwards every mail into a public folder that you have created. Have the catchall pop3 account downloaded to the mailbox.
  •  
Spacey

Hi!
Of course I could work with user-mailboxes on the datacenter server but for that I'd need to start creating accounts on that server and edit pop3 pollings for every user. Then I could create the sorting rules as well. Currently we're working with Tobit David and there it's simple: One catch all account at the datacenter, one polling account within David and then David sorts these emails based on the users email adresses - and David put every not sortable eMail into one public "unknown" folder...
  •  
russellprice

Spacey
I am having the same issues, i would be interested to see how you are resolving this now?
  •  
SilentWarrior

This function I have also missed on Kerio...
  •  
Spacey

Hi!

Unfortunately no more news here from me... it's just not working the way I want. Maybe Kerio implements such "catch all" in the future!
  •  
SilentWarrior

Hopefully the function come in one of the next versions...
Previous Topic: Contacts Syncing and Sharing
Next Topic: ActiveSync Mail Reply/forward symbol wrong
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 10:15:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.