Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook Public Contacts View (How to change default setting or be per-user)
  •  
jwreding

Send a private message to this user
I have searched high and low on Google and in the forums for this answer and cannot find much of anything.

We use Outlook 2007 and rely heavily on a Public Contacts folder. On Exchange, the folder would preserve view settings for each user. Since converting to Kerio, it appears that if one user changes the view (Phone List, Address Cards, etc.) then it will apply to all users viewing the folder. What's worse is that randomly it will switch to Business Cards. I have verified that nobody is (intentionally) changing their view to Business Cards. This occurrence doesn't seem to be affected by restarting Outlook, the computer, synchronization intervals, etc. It seems to be completely random.

It seems that, with Exchange, the view settings for folders were stored in the .ost file. However, since Kerio has no .ost/.pst file, where are these settings stored? I'm thinking they have to be stored somewhere on the server since changing for one user affects everyone. However, we submitted a support ticket and they said that these settings were not stored on the server at all.

I am going to manually set everyone's Public Contacts to Phone List and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what else to do. I can't make the folder read-only as we have 30 users constantly adding/changing information.

Thank you!
  •  
jwreding

Haha, wow 700+ views and no replies at all? Surely someone else has had this issue. Nobody else uses Public Contacts?
  •  
jwreding

Still no opinions huh?

Any feedback at all on Current View settings in public folders? I even created a custom view that was identical on everyone's machines. The next day, that custom view had been totally wiped out from every machine. It's like Kerio overwrites the view settings for the folder every time it synchronizes.
  •  
jamesf

This is a WAG. What happens if you uncheck "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views" in the properties of the Public folder?
  •  
jwreding

Good thought. I tested that on a couple of machines a while back and it did not work. Maybe it only works if everyone has it unchecked. I'll try to do that today and see what happens. Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2011 22:19]

•  
jamesf

Since the views keep getting regenerated, unchecking it on all machines (including servers, if applicable) may be the solution. As I stated it was a WAG.
  •  
jwreding

Well, that didn't work. I really hope someone can think of a way to stop this from happening. My boss (company owner) is about to have an aneurysm and fire me because he is so frustrated by it! The only solution I can think of is VBA, but Outlook VBA seems to be very different from Access and Excel VBA.
Previous Topic: 7.2.3 Mailinglist Error by moderated posts
Next Topic: [SOLVED] NT Domain Authentication
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:32:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.