Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » moving from OD to AD (how to point to another directory service - will this get messy?)
  •  
mboyle

Send a private message to this user
Our (os x) Kerio Server currently points towards an old os x OD Master. We will soon be replacing this with a windows Active Directory server, and so need to migrate our users. The Kerio server will remain as-is.

When I point Kerio towards the new server - will it automatically recognise the users (as they will have same usernames), or do I need to do some sort of user migration on Kerio?

I can see this being difficult... any advice welcome.

many Thanks

Matthew
  •  
p0ddie

This is quite easy, actually.

Delete all users in Kerio but choose to keep the data folder of the user. Then disconnect from the OD and connect to the AD server. Make sure (ideally, this happened before you even set up the AD) that your user short names in AD are exactly the same as in OD. Then, reactivate the users from AD.

Tadaaaaaa, all the mails and other data in the user account is still there.

Edit: Yeah, it sounds like I'm really trolling you here, but I'm dead serious. Someone, back me up here Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2011 22:51]

•  
mboyle

Thanks p0ddie - sounds really easy, thankfully. Appreciate your help.

Matthew
Previous Topic: Kerio connect with OpenOffice?
Next Topic: Kerio Connect - Ubuntu 11.04 64bit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:49:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00345 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.