Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » enable ssh (how to enable ssh)
  •  
thomas_next

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I just installed Kerio Operator appliance (OVF), and would like to access to the config files through ssh. However, the connection is refused. How can I enable ssh ? I can't find any setting on the admin panel.
Thanks.
Thomas
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

If you go to the "System Health" screen, then hold down the shift key and click on "Tasks", you can enable SSH through that method.

The username will be "root" and the password will be the password you used for your administrator account, when you first set up Operator. If you have changed it since running through the initial wizard, it will still be the original password. You can change it after logging on via SSH, by using the passwd command, this will change the SSH password, but will not affect the password associated with the admin user within the Kerio admin.

I HTH.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Just a small correction here: There's one-way password synchronization from Admin to root. Each time you change the Admin password, the root password is overwritten as well.

Vladimir
  •  
thomas_next

Thanks for the info ! Really helpful.
  •  
silverrain

What is it "System Health" ?

•  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

System health is a screen in Kerio Operator administration console. You can find it in Status -> System Health
  •  
silverrain

Thank you very much !
  •  
Eva

Dears,
as I would like to resolve the issue with IO error, I tried to have the same setup, unfortunately I dont have the Enable SSH available in TASKS - I just have there restart or switch off. I have the Czech localization.

Could you please help me what to do with?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You need to shift-click the button "Tasks".
  •  
Eva

Vladimir,
thank you very much, sorry for my mistake I didn't get it from the discussion above.

Now I enabled.

Thanks
Eva
  •  
ellenorkcabanero

Thanks for providing such clear explanations...
Previous Topic: Error question
Next Topic: rewrite caller ID based on chosen extension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:32:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00532 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.