Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error Log: no such table: journal_temp
  •  
kgpj

Send a private message to this user
I'm having repeated error in the error logs saying:

[10/Aug/2011 10:49:35] SQLiteDbWriteCache.h: write_thread - file 'C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store/mail/gefen.com/<user>/.journal.db', SQLite error: code 1, error SQLITE_ERROR[1]: no such table: journal_temp
[10/Aug/2011 10:49:37] Last message repeated X times

This has been repeated hundreds of times yesterday and today. I don't know when it started though. It only affects one user though never complained that there's something wrong with this user's email account.

It's just keep on spamming and I'm worried that if there's a major error, I won't catch it since this error is repeating a lot.

Kerio version: 7.2.0 patch 1 build 4008
  •  
ydyd

same here,
and the user can't use iphone to sync the mails
  •  
bigmountain

I had seen that a lot after the 7.2 upgrade. Basically, I had to stop Kerio, remove the journal.db file for the user that indicated the journal_temp file missing and the restart Kerio. I don't believe they have resolved the underlying problem yet, but that is the immediate fix.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
ydyd

hello,

any updates?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2011 10:00]

•  
bigmountain

Try removing/rebuilding the user's account from their mail application, then remove the journal.db file. After that, go ahead and set their account up again. At times, it is necessary to wipe out the cached data from the user's computer.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
kgpj

Thanks bigmountain. It seems that your fix works.

Here's what I did

1. Delete the cache from the client's workstation
  2. Delete the profile (to be sure)
  3. Stop the server
  4. Go to the server and navigate through the user's store folder
  5. Delete the .journal.db
  6. Start the server; it didn't create the .journal.db yet
  7. Create a new profile for the clients workstation

When I check the server, the error stopped and when I check the store folder of the user, the journal.db is recreated.
  •  
ydyd

thanks again to bigmountain. it works for me also
  •  
aj08

I thought I had fixed it but it just keeps coming back. The error I'm seeing isn't related to any user. The journal.db that it's reporting issues with is on the root level of the drive where our archived email is stored. I've tried stopping the server, removing the file and starting back up and the error goes away for a short period of time before coming back and flooding the error logs again.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 17:39]

•  
aj08

It turns out that as of 7.2.2 Kerio started looking at folders beyond just the ones related to my archives. The solution turned out to be creating a new directory at the root level of my drive and then moving the archives to that new folder. After updating the path and restarting the mail server the error has gone away.
Previous Topic: i can send and not receive
Next Topic: Block Group Email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:31:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.