Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2011 for Calendars ONLY
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user
is that possible?

i don't really want to use it for every mail client in the office. but the new iCal in Lion is practically unusable for group calendaring.

i thought i would try out Outlook 2011 since everyone has it but am unsure if you can do calendars only. from the account preferences it doesn't appear to be the case though.

- - -

i was never able to get an account working period though. as my Kerio 7.2.2 *lacks* the "Auto-configure Outlook 2011" option. has Entourage... no Outlook 2011.

the manual settings in Outlook 2011 also failed to ever connect.
  •  
Kedar

bzeb wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 02:17

i was never able to get an account working period though. as my Kerio 7.2.2 *lacks* the "Auto-configure Outlook 2011" option. has Entourage... no Outlook 2011.

the manual settings in Outlook 2011 also failed to ever connect.

It sounds like unsuccessful upgrade. Autoconfiguration tool must be available on Integration page since Kerio Connect 7.2.0

Update: try repair installation

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2011 07:22]

•  
bzeb

admin interface says :

7.2.2 build 4528

and pretty sure the admin interface previously had Firefox 5 and Safari 5.1 showing a warning about browser compatibility. yet both those work fine and lack that warning now.

there were no errors thrown during the install either.

so if it was an unsuccessful upgrade... why didn't it bother mentioning that during the upgrade process?
  •  
Kedar

Autoconfiguration tool for Outlook 2011 must exist on Integration page since 7.2.0 - please send me URL of your server.
  •  
  •  
Kedar

Your server is on PowerPC Mac?
  •  
bzeb

indeed it is. an older G5 Xserve. it never seems to strain for CPU or RAM so i haven't upgraded it.
  •  
Kedar

Kerio Connect 7.2 server running on PowerPC Mac doesn't support Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac clients. It's described e.g. in Release Notes, Administrator's Guide.
You should upgrade as soon as possible, PowerPC Mac platform will be discontinued in next major version of Kerio Connect (Kerio Connect 7.3).
Previous Topic: Description in resource appointments
Next Topic: LDAP port not available problem when installing "Auto-configure iCal"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:29:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.