Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Address Book Config Tool hangs (Kerio Address Book Config Tool on Lion hangs)
  •  
dahlenu

Send a private message to this user
I've been having trouble setting up Address Book on OS X Lion. The "Address Book Config Tool" hangs while running the installation script. The log (~/Library/Logs/kerio-address-book-config-tool.log) says this:
Address Book Config Tool setup script started at 8/12/11 1:01:51 PM.
Mac OS version 10.7.
Running applications check started.
Running applications check finished.
PyObjC application generator started.

I've let it run for an hour or so and nothing happens.
Any ideas?
  •  
Kedar

What version of Kerio Connect is installed on server?
  •  
dahlenu

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Fri, 12 August 2011 14:02
What version of Kerio Connect is installed on server?

I've asked the administrator this, but haven't got an answer yet. Is there a way too see this from the web mail interface perhaps?

On another Lion machine, the config tool did finish. However, it warned me that it couldn't get the password from the keychain and I had to enter it manually in Address Book. I did this, and Address Book then tries to connect. There's a progress wheel, but not much happens.

So, perhaps all this is because the server hasn't been updated to 7.2.2 yet?
  •  
Kedar

You can check what version is installed yourself:
go to Integration page for Mac and download KSC (Kerio Sync Connector) and check the filename of downloaded .dmg file

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2011 14:22]

•  
dahlenu

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Fri, 12 August 2011 14:21
You can check what version is installed yourself:
go to Integration page for Mac and download KSC (Kerio Sync Connector) and check the filename of downloaded .dmg file

The filename is "kerio-connect-ksc-7.1.3-2461-mac.dmg" so I guess the server version is 7.1.3. Would this explain my problems?
  •  
Kedar

You're right, it's 7.1.3
Your admin must upgrade server to version 7.2.2 - it brings support for AddressBook, iCal and Safari 5.1 on Mac OS X Lion

http://www.kerio.com/connect/history
Kerio Connect 7.2.2 - July 21, 2011
Kerio Connect
* Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
* Added support for Apple iCal and Apple AddressBook on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixed high CPU usage when synchronizing contact with picture over WebDAV protocols.
- Changed folder name was not synchronized to Microsoft Outlook 2011.
Kerio WebMail
* Added support for Safari 5.1.
  •  
dahlenu

Thanks! I've talked to the sysadmin and they will do the upgrade soon.
  •  
dahlenu

The server has now been updated to 7.2.2. But when I run the "Kerio Address Book Config Tool" I get an error. The Console says:
2011-08-22 14:41:07,983 runner: preflight[26625]: /Users/Ulf/Downloads/Kerio Address Book Config Tool.mpkg/Contents/Packages/kms-address-book-config-tool.pkg/Contents/Resources/preflight: execution error: An error has occurred. (-2700)

The log file in ~/Library/Logs says:
Address Book Config Tool setup script started at 8/22/11 2:40:57 PM.
Mac OS version 10.7.
^MRunning applications check started.
Running applications check finished.
^MPyObjC application generator started.
PyObjC application generator finished.
^MPyObjC application started.
PyObjC application failed.
^MFinishing with error (1).
^MConfig Tool setup script finished at 8/22/11 2:41:07 PM.

When I try and rung the config tool again it just hangs.

Perhaps I need to clean up some temp files/dirs from previous failed installations?
  •  
dahlenu

After trying to debug the Config Tool's AppleScript and Python code for a couple of hours I gave up... I updated my client machine to 10.7.1 and re-downloaded the config tool from the 7.2.2 server and ran it again. I now get the following error:
Address Book Config Tool is designed to run on Mac OS X 10.6 only.
I thought this config tool was supposed to be Lion compatible? I guess an incorrect version check is performed before the first configuration script is started. And I also suspect that simply fixing this version check won't solve the real problem, which is that the entire thing hangs when running "setup.py" later on.
  •  
Kedar

There is wrong condition in code so tool cannot run on Mac OS X 10.7.1
This issue will be solved in Kerio Connect 7.2.3, or contact our Technical support for the patch.
Previous Topic: Problem after updating Kerio to version 7.2.2
Next Topic: KC using 7.1.4 enable AV issues
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 08:49:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.