Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unable to sync notes with iPhone 4
  •  
mmatheny

Send a private message to this user
IMAP - I am unable to get the Notes to sync with my iPhone 4. Everything seems to be set up properly, and every other folder syncs but I get no sync on notes. I have notes set up to my Kerio IMAP account, I see the doughnut cursor spin when I go into Notes on my iPhone, but nothing syncs EITHER way!
  •  
stk_jj

same issue here, but notes sync worked fine earlier. Don't know wether KC, iPhone-FW or Mac OS X Updates killed that feature.

KC 7.2.3 build 4971
Mac OS X 10.6.8
iPhone FW 4.3.3 (because of JB)

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2011 16:56]

•  
dle2

Kerio Connect hides the notes folders for IMAP clients. This causes the iPhone and Mac Mail to not be able to use it to sync. On feedback.kerio.com (which you can access via the "Suggest Ideas..." Button in Kerio Connect Admin) there is a request to fix this called "Support IMAP Notes Sync for Mac/iOS Devices".

If you are interested in getting this fixed, you may want to go there and vote for that feature.

Lee

•  
trifecta

"same issue here, but notes sync worked fine earlier."
May I ask how do you get to the Notes folder in IMAP client? It does not show up in the folder list to subscribe to.

"Kerio Connect hides the notes folders for IMAP clients."
Why Kerio Connect want to hide the Notes folder in IMAP Client? What was the real motives for it?

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2011 08:24]

•  
C. Ross

Same here I would like this fixed.

I tried feedback.kerio.com but it says I don't have access after signing up.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

That's because the Notes folder used by Apple mail has a special groupware purpose (in groupware clients like Microsoft Outlook). It can be changed, see http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/chap-applemai l.html
  •  
dle2

Yes, but then you have other groupware folders show up such as Calendar, Contact, etc. - and those will only confuse users. In the link you sent it even cautions agains this change because of this.

There should be an option to allow just the Notes folder to be shown via IMAP - or to automatically make it visible to specific clients (Mac Mail, iOS) that use it as a groupware folder via IMAP.

Previous Topic: iOS5 and Reminders
Next Topic: iCal will not sync with user's calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:15:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.