Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal delegate calendars do not update unless forced (delegates are not updated unless forced )
  •  
aj08

Send a private message to this user
This may be specific to 10.7 or something new with 7.2.2, I haven't had the chance to test with other versions yet but I've noticed that delegate calendars do not update unless I use Command-R. If the delegate adds, modifies or deletes and event, I will not see that change unless I manually refresh their calendar.I have the refresh interval set to every minute and have tried other intervals with no impact. I see the Updating... message at the top of the iCal window but the delegate calendar is never actually updated until I force it to do so.

Is anyone else also seeing this behavior with iCal delegates?

Update: Auto refresh is working just fine with 10.5.8 clients.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2011 17:32]

•  
ahdtech

Hi aj08,

Did you ever find a solution for this? Last I heard, Kerio and Apple were still working together to fix this, but to my knowledge they still haven't.

•  
aj08

I haven't tried it for quite a while so I don't know what the status of this is I'm afraid.
  •  
forum69

Hello,

we just have discovered this point. Delegated calendars autorefresh works fine with 10.6(.Cool, but not on 10.7(.4).

We updated the kerio-connect to the last version. Problem is still there.

Does Kerio work on this annoying point ? THe first post has been posted one year ago.

Users will not manually refresh their calendars before creating new events...).
  •  
ahdtech

I know Kerio's given this a bug number (64881), and I was told back in February that they are actively working with Apple to resolve this issue.

Of course, it's now 4 months later. Kind of makes you worry that all that sustained active working might cause someone to collapse : )

How about it, Kerio? I first reported this one back in October.
  •  
aj08

Does anyone know if this actually works with 10.8 or do you still have to manually update delegate calendars in iCal?
  •  
Szundi

I know this will not really help you, but it works fine in my company with a mixture of iCal/BusyCal installed.
  •  
forum69

Hello,

Here are comparative tests of the auto-update iCal events with a 7.4.0 server and up-to-date clients (10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 ). Events were created from the source client without invitees.

10.8------------10.7---------------10.6

OK <---------------------------------I

----------------NOOK <----------------I

OK <--------------I

------------------I------------------> NOOK

I------------------> OK

I-------------------------------------> OK

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 13:54]

•  
aj08

Sorry for being dense but what exactly is your chart trying to imply? That it works for 10.8 and 10.6 but not 10.7? What is the I for? Did you copy and paste and perhaps the formatting got messed up when it posted? Thanks for the response but I'm afraid that I don't quite understand what it says.
  •  
misteritguru

Does this problem still exist?? Can any one confirm or refute the claim that AUTO REFRESH FOR DELEGATES doesn't work??!? - It's a pretty important feature of groupware - and this is not proprietary protocols being used to exchange data here.

Anyone??
  •  
misteritguru

Bump - waiting on a response from the original poster, and also forum69 - Thanks people.
  •  
ahdtech

I can confirm that this issue is resolved with Connect 7.4.2 and Mountain Lion. I have not yet had the chance to test if they have resolved the issue for Lion.
Previous Topic: Shared email folders in Apple Mail
Next Topic: Auto Respond for e-mail to a group
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 23:27:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00570 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.