Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Bash script to backup Kerio Operator from another machine
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I would like to share with you a script that can be useful for some of you to backup Kerio Operator from another machine. The script is implemented in bash and uses command-line tools like awk, grep and wget, so it's not a particularly readable piece of code. However the script does its job and can be scheduled to run from cron.

You can run the script on a Linux machine or Mac (if the have the required command-line utilities). On a Windows machine, the best environment to run the script is probably Cygwin.

The script needs 3 arguments: Operator's IP address, Administrator user name and password. You can enter the arguments into the script (un-comment the variables IP, ADMIN_USERNAME, ADMIN_PASSWORD and set them to the right values) or you can create a file "config" in the same directory with the 3 values, for example:

#!/bin/bash
IP="192.168.0.12"
ADMIN_USERNAME="admin"
ADMIN_PASSWORD="a"

Hope this helps,
Vladimir

•  
nhoague

This is a great tool! Now, is there one for Control? Smile
  •  
noamb

This script doesn't work on Operator 2.x as far as I can tell. Do you have an updated version?
  •  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

Dear Noam.

Here is the latest version. I have personally tested it on Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) with Kerio Operator 2.1.0, 2.0.2 and 2.0.0 and it all worked.

If you have followed instructions from Vladimir and still it doesn't work for you,
then please send me your OS name and version and your shell output as well.

For finest debugging you could add 'set -x' after first line ('#!/bin/bash')
and run it with cmd './backupKerioOperator 2>&1 | tee debug.log'.

Please send me debug.log to jvitak<_at_>kerio.com.

Regards, Jakub Viták
  •  
noamb

Thanks Jakub. Can you attach that script?
  •  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

I am sorry, Noam.

I meant here - here in this thread, in Vladimir's comment - is latest script. I haven't forgot to attach it.

Jakub
  •  
Gunther Stassen

Hello, is there a new scriptfile for backup trough a bash-script... I don't want to use ftp of samepage.. The scriptfile in this form was working great with older versions of Operator.
Previous Topic: Possible bug - Day/Night mode
Next Topic: Call Forwarding in Kerio Operator 2.4 alpha
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Feb 20 19:19:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02294 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.