Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Stops syncing new clients -- sync pending
  •  
stothers

Send a private message to this user
i'm getting tired of this.

Now Kerio won't sync new clients unless i reboot the server.

on outlook (or entourage) i get "sync pending for this folder"

and "not connected".

my kerio support runs out in 4 days and i still haven't found a reason to renew it.

the patches tend to break functionality and the support people don't return emails.
  •  
stothers

not sure if related, but my mailserver errorlog has this:

[15/Aug/2011 15:31:10] ASyncRequest.cpp: ActiveSyncRequest::Initialize: Unable to read request data (ContentLength: 146, Available: 0)

[15/Aug/2011 15:39:13] EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request SyncFolderHierarchy: error occurred; code 303, description: Only DefaultShapeNamesType__IdOnly is supported
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

stothers wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 22:12
not sure if related, but my mailserver errorlog has this:

[15/Aug/2011 15:39:13] EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request SyncFolderHierarchy: error occurred; code 303, description: Only DefaultShapeNamesType__IdOnly is supported

Address Book and iCal should be configured to CardDAV and CalDAV accounts. EWS (Exchange account) is not supported for these clients.
  •  
schwifty

We see the same behavior with Outlook. Its connection drops in and out, and it is frequently accompanied by an ever-rising "Opened Folder" count. So you might see a user who is unable to connect with Outlook in the "Opened Folders" section of the admin, with a count on, say, their Inbox rising from a normal level of 1-3 to 80, 90+. Sometimes it clears itself up.. the count just vanishes suddenly. Usually we have to restart the entire mailserver process.
  •  
stothers

well, i let I rebooted the server and the client seemed to connect so i left it overnight to sync.

client back to the "sync pending". it appears about half of the mailbox has been synchronized.

I just wiped the acount, re-ran the kerio-outlook-config tool and now i'm back to nothing at all.

this machine is brand new, running OS 10.7.

anyone having issues with Outlook and Lion?
  •  
schwifty

We've seen this in both 10.6 and 10.7.
  •  
stothers

Just as an update.

formatted clean, re-installed 10.6, patched.
installed Office 2011, patched all.

used kerio config tool.
same result. sync pending, never does.

changed user info to mine (which has a very small, simple account. no shared calendars, a few hundred messages only). same result.

i have no explanation.

the "opened folders" reference count just increments until the account becomes useless, with the only solution being to reboot the server.

very frustrating.

clearly i can't install Outlook without breaking my server, i'm even nervous about initiating a new Entourage account.

•  
schwifty

This might be useful info:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-m acoutlook/send-and-receive-all-dont-sync-inbox-folders-must/ 52e9d887-1e13-4522-8fba-33189eddc559

"Any folder with more than a few thousand messages is going to take some time to fully come down when you first sync your account. Due to the design of Outlook's sync engine (and how exchange works), you will see the 512 newest messages in a folder at the initial start of sync then the rest of the folder's contents will be back filled before you see any mail that arrives after this point. This is why it will look like you are not getting new mail when a folder is still going through initial sync. This is also further exacerbated by an Exchange issue where it gets unnecessary change events before the newer mail arrives. If you carefully watch the progress during the sync of a folder with greater than a couple thousand messages, you will see "Updating local..." a lot before the newer mail starts arriving (newer than the initial 512 that come down).

Outlook checks the server for updates every minute, any folder that has updates will subsequently be synced. Since Outlook has a limit on how many folders can be synced at a time, there can be a queue of folders waiting. The Inbox does get high priority so it will generally sync before other folders that also need to sync."

So because of the quirky order in which Outlook downloads messages, it already starts with the appearance of moving slowly. But of course it actually DOES move slowly overall. On top of that it can and will lock Kerio mailboxes.. but I think that that is the only problem you can lat at Kerio's feet.
  •  
stothers

thanks for the response, however, even after waiting for a few hours there is not a single email in the folder. i have tested it with different user accounts with the same results.
  •  
stothers

tried with an empty account and it worked fine.
Previous Topic: Mail list error
Next Topic: Kerio 7.2.2-4528 - Error log complains about "not yet supported" commands from NokiaC700
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:46:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.