Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » HTTP 408/HTTP 409
  •  
hmadsen

Send a private message to this user
Have begun getting the above mentioned message when i try to access websites.

If i then press update i will get the site ok.

It seems random how often i get this message and it is not site specific as i have seen this on numerous different websites.

It does not seem like the load on the kerio server has increased since this message has begun appearing and i have not added a significant number of new users.

Where to look for the error ? Internet connection, Kerio server, somewhere else ?

Hmadsen
  •  
ICT and Me

Check your DNS settings.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
hmadsen

Do you mean the DNS settings for my computer or the DNS settings on the kerio server ?

My computer is set to obtain IP and DNS information from the kerio server itself.

Kerio get's it's DNS information from the gateway computer that sits between the whole company's network and the internet.

The reason that the network is like that is that i work for a rather large company which is split into smaller divisions and every division is responsible for logging their own traffic. My division is ~140 employees and i do IT for that division.

Is the 408/409 related to slow DNS resolving in general ?

PS. I have made aboslutely no change in the DNS setup in the last year and i have only begun to have this problem in the last few months.

Hmadsen

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2011 11:08]

•  
ICT and Me

If there is no change at your site, then it must be on higher level.
Could it be that they have changed there settings. 408/409 means busy site or slow reaction.
And that could be a DNS resolving problem.
But do I get this clear:
Internet -> Company gateway (a Computer) -> Division gatways -> clients
Public IP -> NAT? -> NAT -> Clients

Is this been the case? A NAT after NAT ? Or does your Control gets a Public IP from the Company Gateway?

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2011 11:18]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
hmadsen

Yes you are right..

The internet goes to the company gateway server, is fed into the division kerio firewall gateway server and the clients connect to that.

I know that NAT after NAT is not ideal but in the 2 years this setup has been running it has not presented any major problems for us so far. Only recently i have been getting the 408/409 error.

But i guess that it might be the company gateway that is the culprit, it has also been giving lower performance than usual on the internet speed.

Just wanted to hear if it was our server before "attacking" the guy that runs the company gateway server.

Hmadsen

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2011 12:24]

Previous Topic: WINXP Firewall disabled
Next Topic: VPN Client For Lion
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 15:48:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.