Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » WINXP Firewall disabled (WINXP Firewall disabled)
  •  
gregor4711

Send a private message to this user
After installation of Kerio connect 7 on a win XP SP3 system, it looks like that the internal win XP Firewall service is disabled.
WINXP indicate that with an error message(security warning).

Is this ok since Kerio Connect is handling all traffic, or is that for the Host where Kerio Connect is installed a potential risk?

Thanks
Hans
  •  
ICT and Me

Hans,

Connect is the mailserver, but you are in the Control section and takes about firewall.
Control takes the total traffic handling from XP. Will this system still be used as workstation?
Otherwise you can convert to Kerio Control Appliance. Easier to setup and faster.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
gregor4711

sorry, I mixed it up, I relay to kerio control (Firewall).

some answers:
"Control takes the total traffic handling from XP. "
so XP firewall service will be disable from Kerio control?

"Will this system still be used as workstation?"
- no, just be host for Kerio Firewall and VPN

BR
Hans
  •  
ICT and Me

The Windows Firewall will be disabled by Kerio Control.
Try the Appliance software. No windows license, Only the updates of Kerio and lot easier.
Just make a CD from the ISO and install the software. You can make a backup of your current Control config.
And restore this into the appliance.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
gregor4711

ok, many thanks for the answers.
I run the FW already virtual in VBOX.

BR
Hans
Previous Topic: netcut problem
Next Topic: HTTP 408/HTTP 409
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:58:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.