Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Softphone on Mobile Echo's (Getting major echo using 3CX on HTC phone when calling external)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi Vladimir,

I have loaded the 3CX softphone on my HTC Wildfire mobile phone.

Calls to internal numbers is fine but as soon as I call external numbers (using ISDN line out) I get a lot of echo.

I echo to myself and the person I call echo's to themself (they were on a landline). I am not echoing on their side and they do not echo my side.

I think other guys in the office have a similar issue with the Bria phone on iPhone.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gary
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

If you hear an echo, it is usually being produced by the other party (loud spearker, etc.). In special situations, it can be produced by an element in the call path. For example the A/D converters in older telephony switches can produce an echo (if you have an analog "last mile"). This echo "in the middle" becomes noticeable because of the delay caused by jitter buffers. If you are able to tune the jitter buffer in your softphone, try to reduce it.

What is your call path? Is it Bria/iPhone <-> Operator <-> ISDN <-> Operator <-> Bria ?

Vladimir

•  
GazzaBot

If I uunderstand it correctly the a path is
3CX/HTC <-> Operator <-> ISDN <-> Telkom PSTN <-> Telephone (normal landline phone)

Gary
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The step from ISDN to PSTN could be the echo source. Try reducing the jitter buffer in your Bria.
  •  
ICT and Me

@GazzaBot,
I use also 3CX for Android and i haven't this problem when connect to WiFi network.
It will be something else when connected by G3/HSDPA/UMTS (Mobile phone Provider).
At that point the up and down speed of your internet connection can be considered a problem.

If you don't use the G3/HSDPA/UMTS internet but only WiFI, then look if your phone is supporting internet call's. The Samsung Galaxy S II for example has this option to redirect phone to a internet phone (SIP) if there is a WiFi connection. It can even receive calls at that point.

@Vladimir,
3CX isn't a Bria (x-lite). This a softphone from a Windows based PBX Wink

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
giampos

ICT and Me wrote on Thu, 22 September 2011 08:22
@GazzaBot,
I use also 3CX for Android and i haven't this problem when connect to WiFi network.
It will be something else when connected by G3/HSDPA/UMTS (Mobile phone Provider).
At that point the up and down speed of your internet connection can be considered a problem.

If you don't use the G3/HSDPA/UMTS internet but only WiFI, then look if your phone is supporting internet call's. The Samsung Galaxy S II for example has this option to redirect phone to a internet phone (SIP) if there is a WiFi connection. It can even receive calls at that point.

@Vladimir,
3CX isn't a Bria (x-lite). This a softphone from a Windows based PBX Wink

Sorry for asking other problem, I've also installed 3CX on my htc desire hd, all is configured, the phone is registered on Operator, i can hear the voice but other people can't hear what I say. I miss something??
Thanks
  •  
ICT and Me

@Giampiero,

Is this with wireless or mobile usage (UMTS/HSDPA/3G)?
If wireless is working and mobile not. Then it had something to do with your firewall (port forwarding) settings.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I guess this could be an issue with NAT. See http://kb.kerio.com/article/configuring-nat-821.html

Vladimir
  •  
giampos

ICT and Me wrote on Tue, 09 October 2012 10:41
@Giampiero,

Is this with wireless or mobile usage (UMTS/HSDPA/3G)?
If wireless is working and mobile not. Then it had something to do with your firewall (port forwarding) settings.

both wifi and 3G
I've tested 2 smartpohones and more app (3cx and Csipsimple)

sorry....wifi (external connection), I can't test wifi in lan now, I have AP only out the firewall.
I have to try with an AP inside lan.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 October 2012 11:26]

•  
ICT and Me

What kind of Firewall? Brand model?

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
giampos

ICT and Me wrote on Tue, 09 October 2012 16:00
What kind of Firewall? Brand model?

of course....just Kerio Control......

as Vladimir sayd I implemented the rule

Internet Interfaces ----- firewall - permit ---- tcp 5060-5061 and udp 5060 map to local Ip operator
  •  
ICT and Me

Then I know the problem.
We use also Control and we have the following ports on Inbound SIP/VoIP.
(see image)

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
giampos

Ok thanks, tcp/udp 10000-20000 are for Rtp packets, but others??
TFTP
  •  
ICT and Me

TFTP we use for auto provisioning.
The other three we had too use for our SIP provider.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Just a note, TFTP is a plain-text protocol, so we do not recommend using it outside of a LAN.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: I am a new user
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.1.0 Beta 1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 20:36:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.