Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email Skipping Bayesian Filter
  •  
avejidah

Send a private message to this user
I have a question about the Bayesian filter. Many spam messages do not get processed by SpamAssassin because they are evidently too big. I see a similar issue on the forums where someone suggests increasing the max message size in SA, but I can't figure out how to do that, and the thread doesn't give any indication of how: forums.kerio.com/m/35832/?srch=spamassassin+message+is+too+b ig#msg_35832

I grepped through all the config files int he spamassassin/bayes folder, and I can't find anything that indicates the max message size of 128k.

Here's my debug log for a spam message that we get about 5 times a day:
[19/Aug/2011 04:47:58][4600] {spam} Spam Filter: calculating spam rating for message 4e4e4d2e-00000350 from <ProfessionalWomen<_at_>knownjoin.com> to <removed>...
[19/Aug/2011 04:47:58][4600] {spam} Spam Filter: Message is too big. SpamAssassin message size limit is 131072 bytes.
[19/Aug/2011 04:47:58][4600] {spam} Spam Filter: Custom spam rules check finished, adding score 0.00

Here is the header (of course, no bayes score):
Return-Path: <ProfessionalWomen<_at_>needydrop.com>
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.0 required=0.5
  tests=TOTAL_SCORE: 0.000
X-Spam-Level: 
Received: from mail.needydrop.com ([74.81.88.140])
  by ###### (Kerio Connect 7.1.4)
  for ######;
  Mon, 22 Aug 2011 05:10:44 -0700
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:05:54 -0400
From: Professional Women <ProfessionalWomen<_at_>needydrop.com>
Message-ID: <7152c701-fded-4f29-836f-8f5ae1c0928e<_at_>needydrop.com>
To: ######
Subject: Registry of Distinguished Women
Reply-To: ProfessionalWomen<_at_>needydrop.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related;
  boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00C2_01CC5761.E5CAD020"

I normally add static rules for things like this, but we are getting tons of spam, and it's a pain to keep adding rules. The Bayesian filter should be able to figure this out. Is there a way to increase the max message size past 128k?

Some other info:

Kerio 7.1.4 build 2985
Windows Small Business Server 2003, fully updated.
Spam Ratings: .5 Tag, 4 block
Blacklists: All internet blacklists checked
SpamAssassin: "Check every incoming message [...]" is checked. Filter active, 748 learned as spam, 2197 learned as not spam.
Caller ID: on for every message. Add 2 to the score.
SPF: On for every message. Add 2 to the score.
Spam Repellent: On. 5 second delay.

If there is any other info, I can provide, I will be happy to do so. Thanks in advance.
  •  
Kedar

1. Stop Kerio Connect
2. edit value in mailserver.cfg file: <variable name="MessageSizeLimit">128</variable>
3. save mailserver.cfg
4. start Kerio Connect
  •  
avejidah

Great, thank you for the help.
Previous Topic: After 7.2.2 update old reminders won't dismiss
Next Topic: Opening Attachments in Internet Explorer
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 23:51:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.