Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [SOLVED] NT Domain Authentication (Is there away to use a domain name with characters in it.)
  •  
cwray

Send a private message to this user
Ok so here is what I got from support and also explains my problem:

Our domain is still in server 2003 interim mode and will be for at least a few more months so we need to be able to authenticate with our NT Domain name which has special characters in it Example: R&D_Domain. The Kerio Connect admin interface will not allow me to enter that domain into the Windows NT domain field under the advance tab of "Edit Domain".

The server works fine and we can use the outlook connect but it requires manual configuration of each PC and we want to use secure password authentication to automate the process since we have about 75 workstations.

Clark Wray

I think that you should add the NT domain name without the special characters and then edit the mailserver.cfg file and add the special characters into NT domain name. I know that it is not a best solution, but it should work as a workaround. It is necessary to stop Kerio Connect before you will edit the mailserver.cfg file. You should be able to find the correct variable according to your NT domain name. It is the "NtAuthDomain" variable in the Domains table. 

--
Best regards,

Milan Vytlacil
2nd level Technical Support Engineer

Clark

Unfortunately there is not a way to use a special character in the NT Domain field. You are not going to be able to use SPA until you are able to set an NT Domain entry that does not contain a special. Regrettably the workaround Milan suggested does not work.

Best regards,
Jeff Wadlow

I am hoping that possibly someone in the community has ran into this and possibly found a work around. While unlikely I am asking anyways because manually maintaining 75 workstations is VERY time consuming to setup and every time a password gets changed it has to be changed in the connector.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Clark wray

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2011 18:38]

•  
cwray

Oh and dont ask why our domain name has characters in it. It was done before I was here and I'm sure it made sense at the time Razz
  •  
cwray

nothing? ...*walks off sadly Razz
  •  
cwray

I figured it out! Love it when tech support says it can't be done but I get it to work anyways.

NT domain name had an & in it which the admin interface wouldn't allow and after adding it to the mailserver config file and rebooting, it would just reset to last know good file. Well the solution is (for those out there that may have an & symbol in their domain) is to put & in the config file and restart the service. I can now authenticate to the NT Domain name!

Clark
  •  
blackbox

Nice solution. I'm glad you were able to work something out.

If you haven't already, I'd make sure to update Jeff and Milan. That way they can add your solution to their arsenal.
Previous Topic: Outlook Public Contacts View
Next Topic: Kerio Mail server being attacked
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:29:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.