Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » i can send and not receive (im new)
  •  
isonit

Send a private message to this user
I'm testing differen mail servers and kerio seems like the best i have found but i cant get to work. im new at this. i have set up a few web servers but i am having trouble on the mail. i can send no problem from this server on any user in my domain. receiving is the problem. i may have the mx records wrong. i purchased my domain from godaddy and the had a bunch of cname records for different mail protocols already in there. ive tried many different configurations on the mx records can somebody please help me.
  •  
TorW

Sounds like you are struggling with basic DNS setup, something you really need to be proficient with in order to set up and operate a mail server. Try to read and understand the link below and act accordingly. If you can't or won't do that, be prepared to troubleshoot yoru DNS setup in public or hire someone to fix it.

http://www.petri.co.il/configure_mx_records_for_incoming_smt p_email_traffic.htm
  •  
isonit

mx record

host mydomain.com points to mail.mydomain.com ttl 1hour 0priority

that is my understanding on how to do it. if that is wrong can someone tell me what iam doing wrong. I dont have any problem with the dns on websites. i can create subdomains and point to my ip no problem.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2011 16:03]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You should read and follow the article from the previous post (which is very nicely written BTW) and setup MX record for your domain.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
isonit

i followed that and nslookup poinst toward my router ip but the server still won receive. i found that link before i posted this and followed it i have created different mx zones with different priorities. i reversed the host with the points to on the other and they both point to my router ip
  •  
tonyswu

What is your domain name?
  •  
isonit

k y p c p r o.com

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2011 09:50] by Moderator

•  
TorW

noah wrote on Tue, 30 August 2011 16:01
mx record

host mydomain.com points to mail.mydomain.com ttl 1hour 0priority

Ok, but what does mydomain.com point to? Is it an A record for the public IP of your mail server? And also: is your router forwarding port 25 traffic to your mail server's private IP? All this is explained in detail in the Petri article.

Also remember that DNS changes can take several hours to propagate on the internet.

Just a small tip: if you don't want to disclose your host names (which is public info anyway) here, there's no point in using someone else's hosts. Mydomain.com is a real, live host on the internet. Use example.com if you need a dummy domain. That particular domain's been set aside for documentation and example purposes - and only that.
  •  
isonit

mail is an A record pointing to my public ip. port 25 is forwarded to my internal ip.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2011 00:11]

•  
TorW

noah wrote on Wed, 31 August 2011 00:05
k y p c p r o.com

mail.k y p c p r o.com does not handle SMTP (TCP port 25) traffic. Se my message above with regard to router setup.

Boing:~ # telnet mail.k y p c p r o.com 25
Trying 63.144.115.233...
telnet: connect to address 63.144.115.233: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2011 09:51] by Moderator

•  
tonyswu

From my lookup, your MX record does seem correct, assuming the IP it points to is your mail server. Your mail server, however, is not responding to SMTP. You might want to check the settings on your router or firewall.
Previous Topic: Very Slow SMTP Delivery/Queue Processing
Next Topic: Error Log: no such table: journal_temp
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 13:02:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.