Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » New User Feedback
  •  
FarVision

Send a private message to this user
Ubuntu install stalled out. We use Citrix XenServer to manage trial workloads, and Webmin to manage Linux installs.

The Java package needed to show us the licensing screen, so the --non-interactive flags from webmin's apt-get really boned us.

I fooled around with the console for a while but the Xen console doesn't allow cut and paste. Which made the entire thing very painful. If Sun didn't force a licensing popup, I'm sure it would have worked. Or a VMware or Xen appliance. Moving on.

XP install worked great. Zero issues. Windows firewall had to have an exception on the NIC for 80 and 443. Maybe the next installer can push a Windows Firewall exception to the user? Would have shaved off a few minutes of diagnosis.

Admin account creation works great.

Would have enjoyed some type of email settings test, with a verbose output. Our mailhost uses different ports, and the Workspace piece was of course easy to set up for that - but I like Test buttons.

Send Link error - when I send the link to a document, it doesn't use the FQDN that I'm using for the Workspace, it uses the internal IP address '192.168.15.x'. Which of course is useless. Where is Workspace getting the name it uses when it sends out notifications and links? I would enjoy some type Name setting in the setup for all emails and notifications to reference. If I'm missing it please let me know.

New User Guide - Any thought to creating a first time users Space upon install? I read the doc, and it's great. But when users first log in, it's a wasteland. I had to trim from the Step By Step guide and drop in my own Welcome space, so they would have something to look at and play with. I will probably drop in the video as well.

Everything else working pretty well so far!

•  
FarVision

Ok - naming comes from referring URL. So log into your Workspace from the External interface.
  •  
FarVision

We were able to create a New User Guide space easily enough - Mashup with your Vimeo html, some PDF's. Shared out to Everyone with Read Only. Still would be handy to have a default New User Guide space on install of a new Workspace instance.
Previous Topic: Link to a file from somewhere on a page
Next Topic: Compare to Asana?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 02:42:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.