Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best Android App (Looking for an Android app that works well with Kerio and supports all features)
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

Send a private message to this user
I'm posting this in the Kerio Connect forum because I specifically want something that works well with Kerio (not Exchange).

Trying to find a good app for our Android phone users. I was using Touchdown on all our phones but we were experiencing frequent and random sync issues (both Push and Poll). I was even able to prove in testing that it could occasionally delete items completely off the Kerio server during sync (mainly tasks) and would often not sync emails in the Inbox that were clearly on the server. Not sure if this is an issue with their version of ActiveSync or what but I don't have that problem with the other clients I've tried so I'm assuming it is a Touchdown issue.

I've tried Moxer Mail and Roadsync so far. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Here are the features I'm most after:

1. Reliable synchronization -- Moxier and Roadsync seem very reliable for both Push and manual polling. Don't know what Touchdown's problem is but we can't be losing items like that.
  2. SD card storage -- Touchdown and Roadsync allow storing the database on SD. Moxier does not.
  3. Full Tasks support including repeating tasks -- Touchdown will generate the next occurrence of a repeating task properly so I know this is possible. Moxier will not generate the next occurrence if you mark it complete (just like the Kerio web interface). Roadsync won't even read a repeating task at all.

Things I would like to see but I'm not holding my breath for:

1. Shared items -- ability to both read shared folders and maybe even be able to set sharing permissions from the phone.
  2. Two-way contact synchronization -- With Touchdown I couldn't edit a contact in Contacts or the change would be overwritten because touchdown was only syncing contacts to the phone and not from. I can work around this but some of our users tend to forget they can't do this.
  3. Minimal battery drain -- Of the three apps I've tested Roadsync seems to be the most economical on battery life. I can run it in Push mode all day long on my LG Ally and still have battery power left.

Edit: support for categories is also important. I noticed this morning that my tasks in Roadsync aren't showing categories and I can't add a category for a task I create in it either.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2011 16:02]

•  
germanr

I tried the three you mentioned and the native email client and agree 100%. Buyed Roadsync that was the one I preferred most, but it is not perfect and with very little development of new releases. Rigth now I use Roadsync for email, calendar and tasks, and the native Android client for contact sync.
Roadsync doesn´t allow server search of mails. When I need to search on the serverI use the native client (currently running Gingerbread 2.3.4).

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

At first glance Roadsync seemed the best to me as well. However, I use Tasks A LOT (currently 90 active tasks in Kerio) so the lack of categories for tasks, task reminders, and support for repeating tasks is a big problem for me. As of today I'm testing RemoSync, which seems to support repeating tasks and reminders (but not categories). I also don't get why RemoSync only shows the first 3-4 letters of each task in the default view so I have to open each task just so I can see what it is (and it re-fetches each time so it is slow).

Bottom line is they all seem to handle email fine (except Touchdown), and calendar/contacts seem to be at least "acceptable" but the tasks support is very lacking. Not sure how many of these issues are the client or Kerio since I don't have an Exchange server to test against right now.

Has anyone else had any luck with Touchdown and Kerio? Touchdown seems to be the best bet until one of these others fixes tasks, but I don't know why it seems to delete items in Kerio but supposedly not in Exchange.
  •  
My IT Indy

I use Touchdown on my HTC Thunderbolt and it seems to work ok. The native client did NOT work and actually caused major problems with replicating calendar events (over 4000 events each time I entered something in on the phone)

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

HoosierMac
I use Touchdown on my HTC Thunderbolt and it seems to work ok. The native client did NOT work and actually caused major problems with replicating calendar events (over 4000 events each time I entered something in on the phone)

Any particular settings seem to work better for you than others? Are you storing the database on your SD card or internal phone storage? Do you use tasks (most issues seem to be with tasks, but not all)? When you set messages as "read" in TD does it only mark it as such on the server 50% of the time? I'm having all of these issues daily with both LG Ally and Motorola Droid phones. Uninstalling/reinstalling, Market/beta versions. Nothing helps. Other apps don't have any sync problems which is what led me to assume it was a TD/Kerio compatibility issue but maybe you can help me get to the bottom of it.
  •  
DeJuan N. Onley

If anyone is interested, I have been using Moxier Mail for 2 months now with no issues (except the lack of repeating tasks which I am forced to go to my laptop with Outlook for). Still don't understand why items kept disappearing from the server at random when using Touchdown but since I switched that issue hasn't re-occurred once.
  •  
ICT and Me

I use the native stuff of my Galaxy SII. It works fine. But searching for a app that works more like outlook on PC or Windows Mobile. shows different maps. Or the use of unread e-mail (search)map .

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
onalid

Anyone agrees that moxier mail (latest version of the android market) does not work with Connect 7.3.1? I´ll get a Error 400 on the Samsung S2.

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It should work. You need to configure Moxier account to use "MoxierAndroid" as a device type name when configuring the account.
  •  
onalid

Hey Pavel,
indeed, it worx Smile Thank´s!

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
  •  
alsula

HAVE KERIO 9.0.1 MOBILE VERSION?

• Attachment: rreth 1.png
    (Size: 15.18KB, Downloaded 222 times)
Previous Topic: KOC Offline COM module keeps disactivating in Outlook 2013
Next Topic: No mobile site after upgrading to 9.X
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 23:30:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00511 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.