Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » email archiving
  •  
nixIT

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

During our DR test, it has been determined that we need to perform maintenance on our email store.

We are a small company, < 25 people, though our email store is almost 30 gig, as some people have 2-4 gig mailboxes.

I've continuously asked people to manage their mailbox empty trash/sent items and move message from your inbox to folders. I continously get one of the following answers back:

1) Kerio is way slower than exchange when deleting emails from my trash and sent, so I don't do it.
2) I need my email for archiving/searching, so I don't delete.
3) I don't have time

And unfortunately, when this company was set up, they never set up email limits, so employees are unrestricted with what they can send/receive/store.

Questions
Will Kerio allow me to archive a users folder, but still allow the the ability to view email in the folder? I know Kerio has the archive, but that only lets admin view them. I need a way to have each user archive their email and view it.

What have you found to be the best practices for managing email in Kerio?

thanx in advance.

--nixIT
  •  
nixIT

•  
tonyswu

It sounds like you may be in need of a client side archiving solution, rather than a server side one. Are you guys a Windows based company? If so, isn't there an auto archiving feature in Outlook? The archived email will be local on the computer, but the user can still view them.
  •  
GlennK

It does archive and let you see them in a folder. However it is for the whole server. Then you give permission to the folders to whichever user you wish. The problem is that most likely you don't want everyone to have access to each other's email. For user-specific archiving, you would have to implement a few tricks using filters. I haven't tried it but I think others have in this forum.

For example: archive to an email address on the server and use webmail filters send the messages into specific folders based on email address. Give the users access to those folders. I might even give this a try myself. The one thing I would be concerned about is the eventual bloat on the server. It might not be killing the email client any longer, but even webmail will only take so much in one mailbox. If there is a way to move based on email address and simultaneously create a new folder for every month/week then we would have something.
  •  
auara

Archiving email for users that not using mail client.

I recommend you a Mail Store.

http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home.aspx
Previous Topic: Duplication of Email in Outlook
Next Topic: Cannot send email to .com.br addess
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:55:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.